Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Police searching for silver 951 in the ATL

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:37 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carlege
Wonder what would have fallen off the vehicle from a front end collision?
My bet would be the batwing. But the foglight or turn signal indicators would also be suspect. Anything else I can think of would have had paint on it, which would have probably had the report specifying the color, rather than saying "silver or grey."
Old 08-25-2011, 09:39 AM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by 67King
My bet would be the batwing. But the foglight or turn signal indicators would also be suspect. Anything else I can think of would have had paint on it, which would have probably had the report specifying the color, rather than saying "silver or grey."
guessing they got the paint off the motorcycle.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:59 AM
kinglenario
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crazy... it seems like they could just check for registered silver 944 turbos in their data base. there can't be that many. (sorry JJK78)
Old 08-25-2011, 08:49 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by carlege
Wonder what would have fallen off the vehicle from a front end collision?
The FRONT! lol
Old 08-25-2011, 08:50 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 951_RS
Anyone want to buy my car? Left fog light busted out and a few bumps on the header panel. Should buff right out.
Lart will buy anything!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 PM
JJK78
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kinglenario
crazy... it seems like they could just check for registered silver 944 turbos in their data base. there can't be that many. (sorry JJK78)
Haha no worries! I would be very suprised if I got pulled over in specific regard to this incident, if I did, I would be happy knowing that the police were doing their job
Old 08-26-2011, 12:07 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A while back in Phoenix they got a hit and run driver just from fragments of his turn signal lens.
The found a few parts, put them together and found a few of the part numbers molded into the plastic. Turned out to be a turn signal lens from a Rolls Royce. Checked the DMV database and started knocking on doors of RR owners. They found out who did it but I don't know if he was charged or anything.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:11 AM
IMB951
Drifting

Damn, I remember reading the article before it was updated to be a 944 as the suspect! Hope they catch em and auction the car off real cheap to Josh B...
Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

I'm a keen cyclist. TWO fatal accidents with local cyclists this week. Both accidents happened at points along and around the route which I rode just this last Sunday.

One worked at the Italian restaurant whos parking lot the local cycling club (who I've been riding with for the last couple of months) uses to assemble their Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday rides:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/br...-with-van.html

The other was also a regular cyclist and triathlete who also rode regularly with the club. -His kids are also accomplished and successful triathletes:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...st-road-ranger

One was a 23-year old kid who stayed at the scene, after drifting into the shoulder while driving. -The presumption here is that he was texting or doing something similarly engaging using his phone. -The other was a 54-year-old guy who fled the scene and turned himself and his truck in the next morning, then announced that he wouldn't talk without a lawyer. -The presumption for that one is that he was driving under the influence, be that alcohol or whatever.

I must confess, I don't have a mirror on my bike; nor do most of the other group riders... -But I AM going to buy one on my drive home this afternoon.

A grim reminder to be aware and keep safe out there.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:35 PM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by VWaddict
I'm a keen cyclist. TWO fatal accidents with local cyclists this week. Both accidents happened at points along and around the route which I rode just this last Sunday.

One worked at the Italian restaurant whos parking lot the local cycling club (who I've been riding with for the last couple of months) uses to assemble their Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday rides:

The other was also a regular cyclist and triathlete who also rode regularly with the club. -His kids are also accomplished and successful triathletes:

One was a 23-year old kid who stayed at the scene, after drifting into the shoulder while driving. -The presumption here is that he was texting or doing something similarly engaging using his phone. -The other was a 54-year-old guy who fled the scene and turned himself and his truck in the next morning, then announced that he wouldn't talk without a lawyer. -The presumption for that one is that he was driving under the influence, be that alcohol or whatever.

I must confess, I don't have a mirror on my bike; nor do most of the other group riders... -But I AM going to buy one on my drive home this afternoon.

Yep be careful i put my bike on my xterra and drive to a park to get my cycling in. No way in hell am i sharing the road with the people in Atlanta.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:12 PM
AZ968Cab
Cab'n It
Rennlist Member

It had to be an NA or S2, without the badge no one is going to know what these are....
Old 08-27-2011, 02:12 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by VWaddict

We've had 3 or 4 here in Jacksonville, and we have some pretty large bike lanes!
Old 08-27-2011, 02:21 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You are all WRONG! As I said, The Front Fell Off!

http://youtu.be/WcU4t6zRAKg
Old 08-27-2011, 12:57 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah we get a lot of Harley's out here most of those guys are moron's. I give them a wide berth! You know what kinda damage those things can do to a car !

Regret the lose of life and I to hope they catch him!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:33 PM
JJK78
Rennlist Member

I am pretty certain they are going to catch him, call it that gut feeling...

Quick Reply: Police searching for silver 951 in the ATL