Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

stock injectors are 37 pound but what OHM?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 05:13 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that's a good deal for injector cleaning service; about 1/5th of what we would pay in the U.S.

As for the stumbling problem, remove all the hose-clamps and check all your intercooler and intake piping really closely. Some of the hose-clamps on my car had been tightened down so much that they actually cut into the hoses and caused leask. But I couldn't see that until I removed the clamps.

I also had a rip in the rubber elbow hose that came out of the turbo. There was a 1" tear on the backside facing the engine and it would open up under acceleration and boost, causing a boost-loss and the resultant rich mixture caused stumbling.

You may also have leaks after the throttle-body, like the intake-manifold gaskets.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:31 AM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the tips Danno.

I may have misled you about the service cost...it was $25 for EACH injector, but that included new o-rings and blue hats. That's about US$60 total, still not bad.

The service guy also recommended a new fuel filter. Not sure that makes sense as it seems to run fine wide flat out, but it's worth a try.

jp
Old 02-28-2002, 11:45 PM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

hello everyone, i need help. well to start of my car is running way too rich according to the smog test, isee that inj preassure might have something to do with it, so here is the set up i got. i have a 1986 944t which i just bought last month and it came with the huntley fuel preassure regulator, new o2 sensor, new arc2 chips, a k&n filter in the original air box ( cleaned and recharged last week), an adjustable boost control. i just replaced the rotor and cap, changed oil( syntec) and filter, the fuel preassure guage mounted on the fuel rail read 45-50 at idle then it drops about 42 at slightly higher rpm. i recently turned down the preassure to 32 with the vac hose attached. now the question is at what preassure should i be running, oh the car still have stock injectors. all the parts were from huntley and just installed within the past 3 months.

Quick Reply: stock injectors are 37 pound but what OHM?