Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SCCA Solo II... Cheating

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yikes I just realized this thread was over a year old.

I'd like to add that he's real cool guy. I was really dissapoined that he didn't show up last weekend for our autox. I learn something every time I see him in action. As far as him having any suspension mods. I don't think he does, when he takes that sucker into the turns his tires look like they're going to bust out the top of the wheel well cause his car leans and swats like a ****.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if we were talking about the same guy. Beleve me I have spent a lot of time wondering how he makes that car go that fast. I have yet to see any other 944 come close to that one.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:35 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In what way do you think he's cheating, anyway? Something to enhance power? That doesn't do much in autoXing. The most important things are weight of the vehicle, tires, LSD, and car setup. A scrutinized autocrosser can't cheat on these items; there too obvious.

It's all about practice and the desire to get better. When I only had a few autocrosses behind me, I went to the odd big autoX on the east coast and got my *** whooped real bad. I can remember this one young kid who beat me by 8 to 10 seconds on a 70 to 75 second course! He had a stock 951 (read: a bit laggy). Everything he did was R-compound tires, lowered, and probably a good alignment.

Nowadays, I'm up close to the front runners. The key is to analzse the course. Form a track in your head and figure out where the fastest apexes are.

Quick Reply: SCCA Solo II... Cheating