FS: 1986 944 turbo (Mods listed in Thread) $7995 obo

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:13 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1986 944 turbo (Mods listed in Thread) $7995 obo

Have no lowered the price to $7,995

Greetings, I have recently decided that while my 944 turbo sits in my driveway under it's car cover and my friends ride around on their sport bikes; it's time to sell her and get a bike.

I will post pictures once I get home from the office. Can also add pictures to this thread if you want a specific one.

A little bit about the car:

Currently Located in Houston, TX
No accidents and clear Nevada title.

It is a 1986 944 Turbo with ~86,000 miles. I bought the car in 2005 when I got back from Iraq with about 81,000 miles.

The car was located on the northeast coast and I brought her to California then trailered to Houston, Texas where I'm located now.

Exterior:
There is no rust, and the frame is straight.
Paint could use work but it is not in bad condition.
Damage:
- Header panel has some dings in it on driver's side. I was going to just buy a new header panel as it doesn't look fixable.
- Driver side fog light busted and needs to be replaced.

Car sits on the Adjustable Koni yellows from the m030 or sport package I guess. I don't recall I just know they were oem that I bought from a certain guy off these forums that likes to buy and dissect 944's and make smart comments on everyone's thread.

It also has Boxster S wheels with a few scuffs on them with Yokohama Advan AD07's with about 90% thread. 225's up front and 255's out back. Car has wheel spacers to fit these wheels.

Interior:Interior looks great, slight crack in the dash but hardly noticeable, seats have no cracks and I condition them. Slightly worn.

The panel right behind the sunroof has been taken off since the leather needs to be redone on it.

A/C does not work and never has since I've owned the car. It does blow air, just not cold. Heater works fine.

Inside the only thing I've changed has been the addition of the Lindsey Racing A pillar dual guage pod, which has an AEM wideband o2 sensor installed and a cobalt blue boost guage. The boost gauge is currently not hooked up to a power source so it does not light up which annoys me at night and looks tacky sometimes.

There is also a new Kokeln shift **** and the lindsey racing mafterburner inside the car. Everything else is stock and in good condition.

Transmission:
Transmission does not scratch into any gear and feels good. Shifter assembly was changed out when I bought the car due to the plastic bushings being worn and it driving me crazy. Also has an aluminum kokeln shift **** installed.

Engine:
I believe there to be a leak at the front main seals but I don't know for sure, it could definitely having the head taken off and everything cleaned up. I have not done it and I've no idea if the previous owner did either.

Car starts just fine, idles great with no surging or hunting.

I was told by the dealership I bought it from that the water pump had been done along with the timing belt. I do not have the paperwork for this however as I was in Iraq when I bought the car.

I wired in the mafterburner myself and have been an avionics technician for 10 years so it isn't going to come undone or break, etc.

I used solderless splices and tape around them (F4 tape that adheres to itself and creates an environmental seal around the splice, unlike electric tape)

Have always used 10w30 mobile 1 in the car. Average oil change was 5k miles with me always keeping a quart in the car and adding if it got a little low.

Pretty much where I put most of my money I guess is in the following:

-An oil catch can that I can not remember the name of, but I think it's Makuni or something along those lines. Saw it on this forum and it seemed like a small website.
It never has oil in it though so I might install it on my 370z.

- Speed Force Racing Stage 1 turbo - T04E water cooled.

- Lindsey Racing MAF with Mafterburner piggy back.

- Lindsey racing DME and KLR Chipset for close to stock cars (just adds a little timing and I have not tuned timing after the larger turbo, only changed AFR's to be in the low 11's at peak boost and slowly lean out to high 11's)

- 72# siemens injectors

- LR adj. FPR set at 3 bar

- New fuel lines

- Fuel Rail Pressure Gauge

- New plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor

- New intake manifold gaskets (from when I swapped the turbo)

- LR Manual Boost Controller set at 18 psi

- LR 3" exhaust with no cat, just resonator and muffler, though honestly I don't find it that loud. Sounds rather good to me.

- Car has stock exhaust manifold and I am in the process of changing it out with another OEM one that was ceramic coated. Stock one on the car now had cracked at the y pipe and previous owner did some weird fix that looks terrible. It doesn't leak but it looks like they just kept welding and adding metal until it stopped. No telling what mess is on the inside of the pipe now.

The car dynoed at 300 rwhp @ ~18 psi on pump has at a local Houston shop called Secret Service Automotive. Their dyno is known to read very low, but that's neither here nor there. On race gas the car dynoed at 350 rwhp @ 22 psi and I have the dynos still.

Please feel free to ask any questions or trade me a nice sport bike for this car.

Thank you for looking.

Here's the dyno on race fuel and 22 psi.
I don't think I have the pump gas @ 18 psi one uploaded, but it was about 50 whp less and trapped @ 117. I won't mention the ET though as it was terrible...

Last edited by 951_RS; 08-11-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Add photos and mentioned dings on Header Panel and driver side fog light needs to be replaced
Old 07-23-2011, 11:25 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Add pictures and changed the description to include the fog light that needs to be replaced a long with the header panel having dings in it.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:39 AM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow 5k miles in 7 years.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:57 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

onspeed might be interested in this. He is in Houston and his 50k mile 1986 just got totalled
Old 07-24-2011, 04:11 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Yes, he sent me a PM. Hopefully we can work something out.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:42 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

Good luck with the sale. Post it on Houston Imports for grins...you never know. If I did not have other time \ money consuming projects I would be tempted.
Yasin
Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 PM
zentrose
Instructor

Dang, selling your turbo to get a bike? Be safe man. Bikes are very fun I guess. Been there, done that... never going back. I like my life.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:04 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I'm almost 30 so I might as well do it now as opposed to later.

I will buy another 951 without a doubt. Just need a change for now.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951_RS
Yeah, I'm almost 30 so I might as well do it now as opposed to later.

I will buy another 951 without a doubt. Just need a change for now.
One of my friends Ephraim used to ride alot in Houston. James Coney Island meets every weekend night, cruise and run all over town after dark. One nite he and 3 other guys rode down Memorial Drive towards downtown with 2 Vettes chasing. Illegal alien driving the wrong way took out all the bikes and if the riders did not die on impact then the Vettes running over them at 100mph did the rest. This was at the kink just before the Sabine bridge. There are still wreaths there. Many of our friends sold their bikes within a month of that accident. Houston is dangerous enough in a car.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:42 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Not sure how to respond to that, but I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't plan on riding downtown though. I live outside Houston where I can ride on less populated roads without most of the chaos.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:34 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951_RS
Not sure how to respond to that, but I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't plan on riding downtown though. I live outside Houston where I can ride on less populated roads without most of the chaos.
it was terrible. I'm sure riding outside should be much safer. If you are up for it there is a group called Lonestar Track Days that does track events for bikes at TWS and MSR run by a friend of mine Steven McNamara
Old 07-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Glws.

Keep the fast stuff for the track where it belongs and ride like you're invicible on the street.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:41 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eclou
it was terrible. I'm sure riding outside should be much safer. If you are up for it there is a group called Lonestar Track Days that does track events for bikes at TWS and MSR run by a friend of mine Steven McNamara
I've actually been wanting to hit the track in my 370z pretty bad anyhow.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:29 PM
zentrose
Instructor

Originally Posted by eclou
One of my friends Ephraim used to ride alot in Houston. James Coney Island meets every weekend night, cruise and run all over town after dark. One nite he and 3 other guys rode down Memorial Drive towards downtown with 2 Vettes chasing. Illegal alien driving the wrong way took out all the bikes and if the riders did not die on impact then the Vettes running over them at 100mph did the rest. This was at the kink just before the Sabine bridge. There are still wreaths there. Many of our friends sold their bikes within a month of that accident. Houston is dangerous enough in a car.
This seriously gave me chills man. Just sold my fourth and (hopefully) last bike after my accident. I love motorcycles but I have terrible luck with them and broken bones don't heal quickly like they did when I was a teenager. Cutting my cast off and working on my car probably didn't help the healing process though lol.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:23 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zentrose
This seriously gave me chills man. Just sold my fourth and (hopefully) last bike after my accident. I love motorcycles but I have terrible luck with them and broken bones don't heal quickly like they did when I was a teenager. Cutting my cast off and working on my car probably didn't help the healing process though lol.
Lol, now that's hardcore. I'm leaning towards a triumph speed triple, any experience with those?

Quick Reply: FS: 1986 944 turbo (Mods listed in Thread) $7995 obo