Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Considering Selling my 86 951 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 03:02 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Considering Selling my 86 951 turbo

I've put around $9-10,000 in my 86 turbo. I am considering selling it to put down on a house in the next few months. I bought it in March of this year and since have done numerous upgrades and services.

Koni yellow adjustables - $500
fixed a/c system with new compressor/exp valve/drier - $800 in service and parts
changed timing belt/balance belt
new seals and rollers
other work in front engine cost just over $1000 for $400 parts and $600 labor.

I don't have the sheets in front of me, but this is part of all that I've done on the car..

The car is almost completely stock and very good condition. It has a Lindsey Boost Enhancer and no other mods that I know of whatsoever, so it is a great stock car.

It has a near flawless interior (black leather seats). Dash is impeccable and seats are in great condition. This has got to be one of the best interiors on the remaining 944's.

I have an a/d/s 430X amplifier 4-channel pushing Infinity Kappa 4x6 plates in the doors and Pioneer 4x6 speakers in the rear. Also have a custom enclosed 12" Polk EX sub with a Autotek 900.2 amplifer (700RMS watts) in the rear TOTALLY out of site and out of the way in the spare tire area. This system REALLY sounds good and no one has to know it is in the car. I've put over $1000 into this system, but it is worth every penny of it.

The paint job on the car is not original, and is VERY shiny, but has some rock chips in the frong and a scratch on the hood. The paint is probably the least favorable thing on the car, but it is actually in VERY good condition. I'll get some pictures posted.

I just want to know if I could get any interest in this car. So I know if I should sell it.

I would hope to get enough for my down payment and to cover the costs of my investments the past 6 or so months. I just got it re-registered for tags, so that is already done (August) and it passess inspection flawlessly.

Let me know what I should ask for this car, or if you are interested, either by email, or on this board. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2002, 03:37 AM
RAD951
Racer

How did you fit a 12" sub back there? I measured a max front to back width of 11 3/4".
Old 07-20-2002, 06:46 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

It is a pretty tight fit.. the box is actually right at 12" and the sub outer ring goes all the way to the end of the top of the sub box, but inside, since it is cone shaped, it is completely inside the box. It sounds really good. I've got more watts than I can use in the small car, but it will hit hard. I usually have it turned way down though cause I don't listen to rap or anything.
Old 07-20-2002, 06:01 PM
icat
Race Car

If the car is paid for, you can list it as an asset when you apply for the loan. I bought my home 3 years ago and was very surprised at how little down payment was required. I found that new homes were far less expensive to get into than pre-owned. Look around, there are some great deals on financing when buying a new home. You may be able to keep the car!
Old 07-21-2002, 12:28 AM
951carter
Racer

List the mileage and options and we can help you with an asking price.
Old 07-21-2002, 01:33 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

The car has 126,000 miles on it.
factory options pretty basic:
front leather seats
cruise
4-speaker
power driver seat
power roof
power windows
central locks
a/c

nothing like sport seats or heated seats. no factory alarm. actually, I can't think of anything other than the alarm, sport seats and full leather that were options on these in 86.. correct me if I'm wrong.
I've got records for a lot of stuff the PO has done on maintnance, and I've done quite a bit myself. (see first post) so it is in really good shape, all the work has been done to get it where it should be. All that is left, if I keep it, would be bigger springs/sway bars/bigger turbo and maybe that MAP system Danno is working on.
Old 07-21-2002, 01:48 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

From the papers I have on the car, the motor mounts have been replaced in August 2001.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:08 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Here's a pic btw.. I just figured out how to upload.. This one is from when I bought it in March.

Sorry for repeat posts.. I am not actually selling the car at this time, so I don't want to put it in classifieds yet. I kind of want an idea of what I could get for it.. I am also gonna get it appraised by PCA, if I get a chance, so that will help too.

Quick Reply: Considering Selling my 86 951 turbo