Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rennlister needs some help in NC...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 02:21 AM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Rennlister needs some help in NC...

I just got my car back on the road after spending a fortune on an engine install, and I was on the road tuning... and I blew a headgasket... again.
As of now, I dropped all my $ on the install and dont have the $1K to get a headgasket done, and I need to see if anyone would be able to "help" me put one in here in the Greensboro area. I will provide beer and pizza, and a place to stay (if necessary) to anyone willing. Let me know, I'm in a bind, thanks
Old 10-04-2002, 03:39 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Let's figure out WHY you blew a headgasket first so you it doesn't happen yet another time...

I'd turn down the boost, put some high octane gas in it (maybe add a bottle of octane boost on top of that), and switch to colder plugs too then put it on a dyno with a gas analyzer before the next episode of street driving.

Anyway, I might be able to give you a hand if you don't find adequate help. Do you have tools/space to work on it? When do you need help?
Ahmet
Old 10-04-2002, 05:19 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

I could use the help asap. Problem is, I haven't any tools. Space to work on it? That I dont know either. I could prolly have it towed to a shop and use theirs, but it would have to be during the week. Otherwise, I was hoping this could be a parking lot job.
Old 10-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
This isn't really a 'parking lot' job but with all the experience between the people that may help it may very well become one...

I could possibly make a trip there tomorrow and take the head off for you, let me know if this could work and I'll check to see if it fits my schedule as well.
Ahmet
Old 10-04-2002, 06:31 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

This could work... either one of two ways...
You could do it w/o my being here (as I have to play army tommorow), or you could wait and get here when I got home around 6'ish and help. A place to stay is still up, if you need it. Thanks.
msg me on AIM, lemme know

Quick Reply: Rennlister needs some help in NC...