Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Arghhhh-car back together wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 12:35 AM
mumzer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Arghhhh-car back together wont start

All hooked back together...timing looks ok. Run starter...nothing happens. Test for spark at coil wire, and its hot.

Have fuel pressure. Any suggestions? if i were tagging valves, id hear em...and it would at least try to fire, no?

im actually not sure the injectors are firing...any body had trouble with the wiring after manipulating it to pull the head?

what else could prevent them from firing?
Old 07-18-2002, 12:51 AM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

Are the flywheel sensors connected?
Old 07-18-2002, 01:31 AM
mumzer
Racer

never disconnected them....so yes...and i have spark...so i think they are sending a timing signal.

im concerned that i have a continuity problem in a wiring harness somewhere...im suspicious of the injector harness simply becuase it got the most handling...

plausible?
Old 07-18-2002, 02:14 AM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

[quote]Originally posted by mumzer:
<strong>never disconnected them....so yes...and i have spark...so i think they are sending a timing signal.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Duh!

[quote]Originally posted by mumzer:
<strong>im concerned that i have a continuity problem in a wiring harness somewhere...im suspicious of the injector harness simply becuase it got the most handling...

plausible?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Could be. The injectors run off of two dme grounding wires and one +. I don't know where the individual injector wires terminate into the primary wires, but a break at the + wire would render them all inoperative. When I did my head, it looked like the injector harness had seen better days. Nevertheless, I didn't have any issues with it.

Might not be a bad idea to check for spark at one of the plug wires. Perhaps the distributor rotor is not mounted correctly.

Did you do any other work besides R&R'ing the head?
Old 07-18-2002, 02:16 AM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

An easy test of the injector functionality would be a automotive stethoscope on the injector body with someone else trying to start the car.

Quick Reply: Arghhhh-car back together wont start