Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

nology = erratic idle

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 09:07 PM
951carter
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post nology = erratic idle

I recently installed a Nology Pro-fire and Power core on my '86 turbo, which already had Nology wires. I am pretty sure that they are not faulty as i removed them from another car that they worked fine on. After i installed them the car is idling very erratic, but runs fine otherwise. I hooked green to - and black to +, as they are on the factory coil. I have not had time to troubleshoot it as i have been extremely busy, i did start it after dark to check for any arcing, of which there were no visible signs.

Just wondering if anyone has been down this path and knows off-hand what the problem is.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:19 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

I've never had anything but trouble from nology equipment, the coils are solid, the wires are a work of JUNK. Great for the install, run fine, but the first time you pull them to change a plug, it seems they have all sorts of problems staying together.

Many times on the dyno, we have ripped the nology wires out and built wires on the spot to get rid of stumbling problems.

I contacted nology, rather Derrek did (while I was working with Derrek), and told themn of the problem. The response from nology, they sent us a tube of glue, and said to fix the wires. This is from nology, knowing we were re selling the product quite often, and their only response, send them glue LOL You think they would have addressed the problem.

Take Care
Old 07-18-2002, 01:01 AM
951carter
Racer

That is Hilarious!! Luckily i didn't pay anything for them!
Apparently i did get what i paid for though =)

Quick Reply: nology = erratic idle