Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Fuel line fittings

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toasty. I went ahead and replaced mine with OEM because the first one lasted 26 years, and again, was cheaper.

I have to replace my Aeroquip braided aircraft fuel hoses every 5 years.

Like I said, I prefer OEM when its available. Not that factory engineering, materials spec, and quality control are important...

The more I look at that picture, the more I'm convinced to use OEM. Why was that clamp on there?

Last edited by Tedro951; 06-30-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:55 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Tedro951
Toasty. I went ahead and replaced mine with OEM because the first one lasted 26 years, and again, was cheaper.

I have to replace my Aeroquip braided aircraft fuel hoses every 5 years.

Like I said, I prefer OEM when its available. Not that factory engineering, materials spec, and quality control are important...

The more I look at that picture, the more I'm convinced to use OEM. Why was that clamp on there?
Tedro, you have a long way to learn, that was a factory replacement kit not my car, but one of many that I part due to engine bay fire. and not all of them last 26 years and a lot of things change when higher fuel loads are require due to modifications. But anyway what do I know you probably know these cars better the me
Attached Images    
Old 06-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easy, partner... I mentioned I prefer OEM. I'm not offended by those that don't. The OP wanted opinions.

I was just surprised that a factory kit would contain that cheap clamp. All of my clamps were smooth edged with a more "louvered" teeth area.

I'll be the first to admit I have a lot to learn about 951s.....

Quick Reply: Fuel line fittings