Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What are the things you dislike most about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2002 | 08:35 PM
Danno
Race Director

I need a cup-holder that can keep a 44-oz. Super Big-Gulp steady when I'm on the racetrack! Something tells me that's not what Porsche had in mind when they put those little lips on the back-side of the glovebox door...
Old 01-23-2002 | 10:01 PM
Mike S.
Pro

John...me too...broken hinges on the glove box...to be fixed this spring.

LukeSilver...saw the your photo in this or another thread...the stone grey is very sharp! Factory or custom paint?

Mike
Old 01-23-2002 | 10:46 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't even have those, thanks to the f***ing air bags...

I tried to install a plastic back w/the cup holders (if you can call them that) to my Turbo S, but the back was a different size(!). It was slightly wider on the edges where the little hooks come out. I'd like to find someone who works w/carbon fibre or something, and get them to try to make a duplicate back, only w/deeper cup holders. I don't think it would be too hard, but there probably wouldn't be too much demand for them. I don't think the glove box is the best place either, but I don't like the way any of the exposed one's look, and since our car's weren't designed w/them to begin with, then it's hard to find a good place for them...
Old 01-24-2002 | 12:26 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Mike S.:
<STRONG>
LukeSilver...saw the your photo in this or another thread...the stone grey is very sharp! Factory or custom paint?

Mike</STRONG>

WOW!thank you very much. That was a special metallic color in 86'. It is original. The fone dials are painted silver though. I plan on replacing them With AT SPA's.
Old 01-25-2002 | 11:17 PM
lou951
Instructor

The things I hate most are part prices and the fact that you have to disassemble so much to do anything, either that or have spaghetti arms. Besides that I can't complain. My car does not rattle and the ride is great yet firm. As for speakers and the such, that is where creativity and a little metal cutting come in. I installed a component set of 6 1/2" speakers in my front doors w/ very little metal surgery. As for the rest of the stereo, I just wired from scratch. All the power and performance bolt ons really respond. When you compare HP vs. Cost ratio, the 951's are not that bad compared to other cars....'nuff said.
Old 01-26-2002 | 09:03 AM
Thaddeus
Deer Slayer
Lifetime Rennlist

As a general principle, the design of these cars tends to be complex... too many parts to do the work that could be done by fewer. This adversely impacts reliability.

Ah, but the work they do!

Thaddeus
Old 01-26-2002 | 04:06 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

I can't believe I'm still talking about cup holders, but I need my caffeine on those 6:00 am jaunts to drivers' ed events. One solution might be to buy some aftermarket holder, trim to fit on the inside of the glove compartment door and then fasten it with velcro so it's removable. For easy clean-ups, as they say!

Quick Reply: What are the things you dislike most about your car?