Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

bleeding the cooling system

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 08:24 PM
p951guy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post bleeding the cooling system

I've decided to bleed my cooling system and was told that i might need to bleed it several times before all the air is out. Once the blder valve is open, does it matter if i have my heat on full or completely turned off? should it be in the middle of the guage? still trying to get all the air out. any ideas are always greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-08-2002, 08:42 PM
TT
Racer

Turn the **** completely clockwise.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:29 AM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Hey pguy,
I've had some coolant leaks in the past and I'm all to familiar with the waterfall behind the dash. Raise the front end of the car(ramps or jackstands). Dial **** full open. Remove expansion tank cap and make sure the coolant level is somewhat underfilled. Start car and idle with cap off
until thermostat opens. Gently rev motor to aid circulation off and on. You'll see big bubbles come into the tank as you rev. When the bubble frequency drastically decreases or stops altogether, install cap, let fan cycle, and turn off motor. You can even ground the turbo water pump the run while you were bleeding air. Let the car stand 10 min. and go over to the high-point bleed valve and crack it open until coolant comes out. Should get it all in one effort.

Russ
Old 01-09-2002, 11:33 AM
p951guy
Intermediate

thank you very much. That sounds like a plan so I'll rebleed the system tonight. thanks again for all you help. it is greatly appreciated!

Jeff

Quick Reply: bleeding the cooling system