Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

webcam 274 idle vacuum

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:35 PM
djtalon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default webcam 274 idle vacuum

Anyone running a webcam or any other sport cam in their 951? if so what is the idle vac? i am getting around 11 and that seems low. I do not think i have any vac leaks. replaced alot of vac if not all of them and i also presurized the system and did not find any.

thank
Old 06-05-2011, 08:44 PM
elargentino
Banned

Originally Posted by djtalon
Anyone running a webcam or any other sport cam in their 951? if so what is the idle vac? i am getting around 11 and that seems low. I do not think i have any vac leaks. replaced alot of vac if not all of them and i also presurized the system and did not find any.

thank
10-11 in/hg is normal for that cam.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

I have the same cam ( in a box ) for the past 6 yrs I am not going to install anythime soon ( Car has to pass smog )
How does it run ? A bit rough at idle ? Are there noticeable gains in the power ban ?
Over all thumbs up or down ?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Ed
Old 06-05-2011, 10:24 PM
djtalon
Intermediate

i did not put the cam in the car, but i know the previous owner and every time he made a change he would dyno the car so since he left it in i would have to think it had positive results.

from what i have read using a modified cam it lets boost escape the combustion chamber because of the overlap. that is just what i have read.

mine idles at 950 solid and you would not even notice it has a cam, but i have a link afm fuel controller and i tuned the idle to smooth it out

good luck ,
dave
Old 06-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by djtalon
i did not put the cam in the car, but i know the previous owner and every time he made a change he would dyno the car so since he left it in i would have to think it had positive results.

from what i have read using a modified cam it lets boost escape the combustion chamber because of the overlap. that is just what i have read.

mine idles at 950 solid and you would not even notice it has a cam, but i have a link afm fuel controller and i tuned the idle to smooth it out

good luck ,
dave
Thanks for your input
Best regards
Ed
Old 06-06-2011, 10:08 AM
mikeyoman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine runs around 12, but I haven't really got the car on the road yet so unable to tell how it feels.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:20 AM
elargentino
Banned

Also - keep in mind..
There will be a mentionable difference between cold and hot idle va., plus drop-throttle vac will be much higher.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:30 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also be aware that just because you have an aftermarket boost gauge, doesn't mean it is 100% accurate.

Have one local car, with a VDO boost gauge tapped into the KLR line, indicates 10 PSI vacuum at warm idle. The electronic sensor we installed for his Zietronix indicates TRUE vacuum of 16ish at idle, 22 on decel. The AM gauge is not far off the boost reading +/- 1-2 PSI, but is WAY off on the vacuum reading.

Take a reading using a known good gauge (or electronic sensor, as I have yet to find one that lies), at the manifold to bet a real idea of how much vacuum / boost you are running!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:54 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by elargentino
Also - keep in mind..
There will be a mentionable difference between cold and hot idle va., plus drop-throttle vac will be much higher.
By "drop-throttle" vac, I assume you mean vacuum on decel?
Why would it be higher?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:02 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Also be aware that just because you have an aftermarket boost gauge, doesn't mean it is 100% accurate.

Have one local car, with a VDO boost gauge tapped into the KLR line, indicates 10 PSI vacuum at warm idle. The electronic sensor we installed for his Zietronix indicates TRUE vacuum of 16ish at idle, 22 on decel. The AM gauge is not far off the boost reading +/- 1-2 PSI, but is WAY off on the vacuum reading.

!

I don't know if it's so much an issue of aftermarket gauges not being accurate; more likely the source of where it's tapped into; the slightest leak there can make a fair difference on the gauge.

Quick Reply: webcam 274 idle vacuum