Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944 dash for 87 w/airbags

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2003, 10:47 PM
chadd 944
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 944 dash for 87 w/airbags

Ok, I just found a new dash & didn't pay the 4K. My question is has anyone replaced thier dash with airbags? I know pulling the battery will keep them for going off but I sure could use some pointers on the install, I found a install pc by pc but without airbags, any ideas, after this project this car is 100% perfect, not a ding, scrape, dent, just perfect, just need to find some MacDaddy 17" wheels. Thanks
Old 03-29-2003, 06:26 AM
Redeye
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just be sure to CAREFULLY undo the two connectors on the backside of the airbags with the battery DISCONNECTED before removing your old dash. I found that a small, long flathead screwdriver works pretty good at getting to these as there is only an inch if even that between the back of the airbags and the battery box. Also, you will need to remove the glove box to get to them. Not too hard, just use caution and take your time. Airbags are not fun if they go off when their not supposed to. Just ask me how I know...
Other than that replacing the dash is the same on all 944/968's. If you get stuck on something, email Roberto. He replaced his dash not too long ago. If you do a search on the 924/944/951/968 board, it should be pretty easy to find some of his posts.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Quick Reply: 944 dash for 87 w/airbags