Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What should I do here???

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Jscaramella
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are going to re-paint in the future and want a $10- solution for now: Remove the plate and move it back to the right position (you will need the factory plate bracket). Leave the holes in the bumper and touch them up with paint to avoid any corrosion, water passing through that area just falls through the other side.

You can take small carriage bolts for the 4 holes left on top and seal up those holes to the trunk and then paint the heads guards red. Its a ten foot solution, but the least expensive. The rings left behind from the rubber washers should compound out, I see one in the lower left section of your photo.

Correctly repainting the rear will not be terrible. Both tail lights can come out and the section below (where the porsche lettering is) will be resprayed as the center between the lights. The bumper should be removed and the rubbers removed before repair and paint.
They may be able to keep the decal and closely tape off to its edge but there may be a small build up of clear there. Just be clear as to how you want it prepared and painted with the shop you choose, set your expectations upfront. If you want it 100% factory the holes will need to be welded shut and painted on both sides of the taillight panel etc. Decal replaced as well. If I were estimating the job in my shop it would be around 900.00 for a "return to factory" job.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:31 PM
kinglenario
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jscaramella
If you are going to re-paint in the future and want a $10- solution for now: Remove the plate and move it back to the right position (you will need the factory plate bracket). Leave the holes in the bumper and touch them up with paint to avoid any corrosion, water passing through that area just falls through the other side.

You can take small carriage bolts for the 4 holes left on top and seal up those holes to the trunk and then paint the heads guards red. Its a ten foot solution, but the least expensive. The rings left behind from the rubber washers should compound out, I see one in the lower left section of your photo.

Correctly repainting the rear will not be terrible. Both tail lights can come out and the section below (where the porsche lettering is) will be resprayed as the center between the lights. The bumper should be removed and the rubbers removed before repair and paint.
They may be able to keep the decal and closely tape off to its edge but there may be a small build up of clear there. Just be clear as to how you want it prepared and painted with the shop you choose, set your expectations upfront. If you want it 100% factory the holes will need to be welded shut and painted on both sides of the taillight panel etc. Decal replaced as well. If I were estimating the job in my shop it would be around 900.00 for a "return to factory" job.
Great input. Thanks man.

Quick Reply: What should I do here???