Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Best MBC

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:03 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is almost all stock. Just a K&N Filter. Pretty soon will be adding Vitesse AFM chip, MBC, and knocked out cat.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:48 PM
joster86turbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok. well a while back i was wondering the same question and found some good info from past threads. if all the same still hold true, it all kept coming back to which kind of wastegate you had.

IIRC it goes something like:

pressure regulator valves(black *****) should be on dual port applications (LR DP, Tial in DP mode, etc.)
and
pressure relief valves(LBE and accuboost), which use a ball and spring sort of device should be used on original applications and i think, not positive, single port aftermarkets as well.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:39 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Willard Bridgham 3
Unless you are going to change pressure when you are driving (a very bad idea), the Lindsey Boost enhancer can be calibrated to boost where you want it. Not terribly accurate.

I have an MBE (Lindsey) mounted under the hood because you don't need a wrench to change pressure.
Under the hood!
I take your point and if your selling the car to an idiot that would be a good idea! I only turn the **** to the MAX for my chip 18 and it only stays there as long as my AFR's are good!
But yeah I take your point! Oh and Lindsey DP wastegate and MBC.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:36 AM
Ifly951
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guy's I am a newbie when it comes to some of the Turbo do's and dont's.

And I need an MBC soon as I have a Rogue M-tune on it's way. I am planning on purchasing a Tial 38mm wastegate. Planning on a wideband with boost guage.

My question is.. I would think it would be wise to have the MBC **** inside the car so as to be able to tell how much psi you are boosting when the car is being driven. Does that make sense, or is it better in the engine bay somewhere.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the gauge will tell you how much boost you're making. the **** will set the boost.

i'd keep it in the engine bay IMO

Quick Reply: Best MBC