Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Argh! Mounting Recaro seat frustrations!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by docwyte
So I got the drivers side seat in! I think the passenger rail must've been a little off, once I got the front bolt in and moved the seat forward it kinda of clicked and the rear mount lined right up. Threading my seat belt receptacle past the rotary **** wasn't a lot of fun, but I got it. Only issue with the drivers seat is it doesn't want to slide all the way back and I don't know what it's hitting.

Big problem is the passenger seat. I only have 1 set of Recaro sliders, on the passenger seat I was going to use the Wedge bracket/slider they came with. Unfortunately the Wedge bracket has a cross bar that directly hits my sub strap mounts, so I can't use it. I need to get another Recaro slider. Anyone have an inside double locking, no tabs Recaro slider for sale?/QUOTE]
When my seat slides back ... The adjustment **** on the door side hits the side of the car near the door sill carpet ....
I may have a set of sliders I have to look in one of my sheds ( that are filled with crap .. it may take a day or two
Regards
Ed
Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 345 Posts

The eyebolt goes through the harness mount, then the stock seat belt receptacle, then through the tunnel, then through a welded reinforcement plate on the tunnel. Just put it where it would fit best.

Initially I thought the seat was getting caught on the carpet, but it's hitting something hard now...
Old 05-18-2011, 10:44 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte

Initially I thought the seat was getting caught on the carpet, but it's hitting something hard now...
Eyelets for your sub straps hitting the seat frame?

I talked to my PCA region's chief driving instructor and our head safety guy before installing the sub belts in my car. Both of them recommended that, in a 944, to just get a piece of flat stock steel, drill it, and mount it between the seat bracket and the seat, and then wrap the belt around that. So that's what I did in my car. I used a chunk of 3" wide flat stock I picked up at the hardware store.

Even with just that piece in there, it's a tight fit under the seat. I did not think a standard eyelet would have cleared the seat frame under there.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:04 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Ooohhh, hadn't thought of that. I'll have to check that tonite. That would kind of make sense, as I couldn't get the seat all the way back on the passenger side with this slider and my old seat.

That would stink though, as my sub mounts are reinforced and welded into the chassis. Guess I can go back to my builder and have him change them...
Old 05-18-2011, 10:01 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Going to switch from spring loaded tabs on my sub straps to a straight bracket so I can switch out the eyelets for a bolt, that will allow the sub straps to sit flat so the sliders and move back/forth unimpeded.

Had to order a new slider too, brackets and slider arrive on Monday.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:36 PM
a2coupe2a
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know im late to the party here but if you need to break the srds down in any way i made a guide that you can find here.. https://rennlist.com/forums/general-...ml#post8418839
Old 05-26-2011, 04:44 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Ok, so switched from eyelets to flat bolts for the sub strap mounts and inner lap mounts. Also trimmed the carpet as well as removed the inner rotary *****. That took care of the interferences. Lastly used to tube stock to raise the front of my drivers seat and gain some very needed thigh support and I'm good to go now!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:11 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 101 Posts

Good to hear you got things fit and comfortable.
Is the tube stock part of a bar under the seat to mount the 5th/6th harness points or did you fabricate a special spacer to elevate the front of the seat? Any pics?

Quick Reply: Argh! Mounting Recaro seat frustrations!