Old 05-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Default car transporter input needed

Anybody know of a decent ‘cheap’ transporter outfit” CA to NY and its not a show queen (I don’t need the ‘boutique’ transporters)!
Old 05-06-2011, 11:33 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

How cheap are you looking for? I have used Fedex/passport and concourse transport in the past a lot. Fedex/passport was usually the cheaper of the two. Don't go two cheap, we had numerous cars wrecked (yes, trucker joyrides) and motors popped (more trucker joyrides) over the years using the cheaper guys.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, no way you beat Lart on the recent CA car!
Old 05-06-2011, 01:16 PM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

I used DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) from CA to OH about 10 years ago and was happy with their service. Haven't used anyone more recently, though.

As a thought: post on the Racing board. Some CA race support teams may have an empty transporter slot for the Glen club race.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:28 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you require enclosed - I highly recomend Enclosed Vehicle Transport
www.enclosedvehicletransport.com

Profesionals, fully insured, Vehicle pickup and delivery detailed condition report

They transport some extremely high end cars, great to work with
Old 05-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jerome951
I used DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) from CA to OH about 10 years ago and was happy with their service. Haven't used anyone more recently, though.

As a thought: post on the Racing board. Some CA race support teams may have an empty transporter slot for the Glen club race.
I used DAS terminal to terminal on an open carrier. You have to be patient, drop it off and wait for the transport to make his loop and pick it up. Then the next wait is for his loop to pass the your terminal were he drops it off. Then you go and get it. The car isn't covered by the price was very good. The car just needed to be washed when I got it, they inspect before transport and at pickup for damage.

They also have local pickup and covered transport but the cost increases quickly.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:02 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

I have only used 2 separate outfits.

One was Horseless Carriage. It was great. It is more $$$. They are great. Period.

I used Angels Moving Autos twice form California to Texas. They are in California. First time was good. They were there on time. Smooth delivery here. Maybe $800 or so.

The second time in 2010 was not so good. I requested same guy and same truck. Did not get it.

They did not show up for pick up as advised. Then again the next day. Then 2 days later. Then ran super late for the third pick up time. Was driving the previous owner crazy. Me too. Then Angels did not take or answer my calls promptly.

The delivery wasnt bad here. But the truck was in serious need of some repairs. Tires were flat and cords were hanging out of the others as well. It would not have gone another 200 miles.

But it was mostly smooth on the delivery end here. On time. Contacted me, charged what they said, etc.

One thing is make sure the car is fairly good shape. They just let those cars sit there and idle while they load and unload etc - can be an issue if the car gets hot!

You might want to read the cosmetic clause carefully too. I dont think you will ever get paid if they do damage the car - unless it just falls off the transporter. All these type companies are just using indepedent haulers.

Look for somebody doing your route regularly.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:06 PM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used DAS from CA to Chicago, terminal-to-terminal, so it was less than $500. Only problem was that they put the driver's side window down just a bit to vent it, and didn't put it all the way back up, so it got a little wet, but nothing damaged or worth claiming. Service at each terminals was definitely not high-end, but it was dependable.

Quick Reply: car transporter input needed