Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SFR Tial Wastegate Kit TESTED

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 09:28 PM
M@951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up SFR Tial Wastegate Kit TESTED

I took the LBE off and using APE chips w/ Tial wastegate set @15.5psi to regulate boost until Apexi AVC-R install w/ MAF3. I can now hear the turbo spool with new SFR system and getting more MPG from removing exhaust restrictions & replaced wastegate, cfm is not high enough to give more than a hard tire spin 1st-3rd on boost and then fall off boost. But I can feel the Tial trying to squeeze out much more than before with the LBE w/ stock gate.
Old 01-01-2002, 12:11 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
M@,

Im sorry I forgot.......do you have a 26/6????? IF you do....why dont you make a couple of dyno runs @ 15.5 lbs. and I will make a couple at the same pressure with APE chips on both Lindsey and stock (re manned) wastegates. Just for kicks. I am really curious??
Old 01-01-2002, 01:03 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, and I'll even PAY for a copy of your dyno sheets. Should have the following plotted:
  • HP & TQ on main chart
  • in lower chart, boost & air:fuel ratio
Then I'll overlay these charts on top of a bone-stock 951 and that should be an interesting comparison. I'm particularly interested in Luke's MAF kit.
Old 01-01-2002, 12:20 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

lmao........... thanks danno. I am too. very curious to see how this setup will work out. Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2002, 04:57 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Matt,

You should be able to get more boost then that without it trailing off.Check your blow-off valve.It could be leaking boost. Check everything else too becasue it does not sound right.I went into alot more detail in my other post about the exhaust so read that for other possibilities in regards to losing boost.

Tim
86 951 http://www.speedforceracing.com
Old 01-01-2002, 05:11 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Matt,

I didnt read closely. I think I see your problem. How do you have your Tial wastegate hooked up? It needs a couple of different vacuum lines running to it and I am wondering how you hooked it up since it sounds like you are using your stock cycling valve with a restictor jet in the banjo-bolt?
The way to hook up a Tial is ....One line runs from the banjo bolt the "in" on your manual or electronic boost controller.You will also need a tee in this line and run the new line to the side port of the wastegate. The "out" line on the MBC or Electronic boost controller runs to the top port on the Tial or Deltagate. If your wastegate is not hooked up like this then it will not work correctly. If you are trying to use a Tial with the cycling valve then you will also have problems.

Tim
86 951 http://www.speedforceracing.com
Old 01-01-2002, 11:30 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

I know for a fact that my blow off valve is leaking boost. I must be open all of the time. I have it inverted and I dont hear it. That's when I noticed there was a huge tear in it!?! I think that will be the first of many items I will buy from SFR. LMAO.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:03 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey anyone have a cut-away diagram of the Tial wastegate?

Like this picture of the stock wastegate:

Quick Reply: SFR Tial Wastegate Kit TESTED