SFR Complete Exhaust Tested !

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 05:03 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TurboTim:
<STRONG>Luke,

I have answered your 20+ private emails over the course of 3-4 months and you have not even bought a thing from us!

Tim
86 951 http://www.speedforceracing.com</STRONG>
lmao...... sorry bad habit. And it was much appreciated. (I must admit though I asked a couple to see If you could keep up your "1 word" answers. ) Just kidding.

Do you carry the brass 993 turbo style blow off valves?

rage2,

My blow off valve has a huge tear in it as well. SO I am confident that I can hold more boost to 6000rpm than I currently do.
Old 01-01-2002, 05:33 PM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbotim have you worked with the HKS wastegates? I was told that they are better than the Tial, but seem to be overpriced. Same thing with Greddy wastegates.
Old 01-01-2002, 05:47 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mark,

If your boost controller lets your car make around 21 lbs (1.43 bar) when you change altitude/ temp. wouldn't you consider that "dangerous"?????
Sounds more like my car when I punctured my wastegate diaphragm. I think the 26/6 can onnly make around 22 lbs.
I dont think It could be healthy changing boost pressures up and down like that.

Rage2, you say this is the same boost controller you use? You say "stock" bottom end, but is it the "original" bottom end as well?? (180k miles WOW)
(totally OT) I have an audi 4000s quattro that I am currently driving. It has 270k miles!!
Old 01-01-2002, 06:09 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Tim,
What would make your rebuilt wastegate so much better than the Lindsey wastegate??? You both convert them to dualports and rebuild them?! So what's the catch. Wouldn't your's and Lindseys have the same "bs" as stock?? Could you run a monster blow off valve with a stock wastegate? In no means I'm I trying to dis anyone's products just trying to get cold hard facts!!

Thanks
Old 01-01-2002, 09:12 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Mark,

I have seen the HKS wastegates but never installed one. Its a nice unit but way overpriced.

Luke,

My mistake on the exhaust thing.I guess were friends again;^) We have the 993 CBV's. We are using them with our supercharger kits.

Dan,

I am not saying our dual-port conversion is better, I am saying it is roughly the same thing for half the price. We have had decent luck with them. They still tend to bleed off boost at high rpms though. In my opinion you get much better performance with a Tial, Deltagate or any of the other after market dual-port wastegates on the market.

Tim
86 951 http://www.speedforceracing.com
Old 01-02-2002, 01:18 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Lukesilver95186:
<STRONG>Rage2, you say this is the same boost controller you use? You say "stock" bottom end, but is it the "original" bottom end as well?? (180k miles WOW)</STRONG>
Original bottom end? Yea right, only in my dreams... Stock bottom end, but it's like the 3rd set of parts. Once I'm through with this block, it's 3.0L time =).

Originally posted by Lukesilver95186:
<STRONG>(totally OT) I have an audi 4000s quattro that I am currently driving. It has 270k miles!!
</STRONG>
I had an 82 BMW 735 with 280k miles before selling it. That car had original everything and was still mechanically sound when it left my hands (even after MY abuse).

Quick Reply: SFR Complete Exhaust Tested !