Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Help! Restless waiting for my 951!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 12:39 AM
Carboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help! Restless waiting for my 951!!!!

Guys,

You may remember that about a month ago I posted a topic about what color to paint my 87 951 that I had just bought. Well, I had it only 3 days before it went under the paint gun for a full 2000 Porsche Silver paint job. The calipers are being painted red, and the Kinesis Supercup wheels have been powder coated Charcoal gray in the center with the polished lip. I also plan to boost it and lower it as soon as I get it back.

I'm supposed to get it this Friday and I've been antsy. So I need yall to post some of the best pictures of modified 951's to tide me over. Also, I've been considering what to replace my Viper with so perhaps yall can help. The wife drives a 94 Q45 that I put some nice 18" wheels on and might lower soon. I have the Viper GTS and the 951. My plan was to sell the GTS and get a 964 Turbo as my specialty weekend car and drive the 951 daily. What do yall think of owning two Turbo Porshes? Is this redundant and spreading my car enthusiastness too thin? Also, do you think my customized 951 might be enough in terms of sports cars and therefore, perhaps I should get a 528i 5spd, put wheels and suspension on it giving it M5 look and saving $thousands? The benefit to the 528i is that is way cheaper than a 964 and I still have my 951 for fun.

Thoughts?
Old 01-02-2002, 12:21 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Cool!! Please post photos as soon as it comes out!! What color was the car before?

Silver! It should look extremely nice.

The 964 and the 951 will provide very different ride and feeling. The 964 feels more rough, brute, and more involving when driven hard. Either one will be an excellent daily driver. I try to balance the miles between the two (but mine is not a Turbo), but the 951 will end up getting use more.

I will go with a 964 Turbo. You already have a good sedan with the Q45 and life is to short to not play with as many toys as possible. Unless you are getting an M5 I would stay with the 964 Turbo. Nothing wrong with the BMW (I used to have one), but the feeling of a 911 is totally different.

BTW, why are you getting out of the Viper GTS?
Old 01-02-2002, 02:41 PM
Carboy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Viper was a lot of fun. Unreal power, great handling, tremendous eye appeal, awesome sound. I'm just ready to get back to the Euroupean thing. I also think I'm leaning toward a 964 Turbo or a 993.
Old 01-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
If that is the case then, go with a 993. Less expensive (relatively speaking of course) to maintain (hydraulic adjuster for the valves). In the eyes of many (me included) it is the ultimate expression of the 911 and was the last air cooled Porsche.

Have fun!

Jaime (hoping I was in the same situation... some many cars... so little money...)
Old 01-03-2002, 12:23 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Build a nice 993 TT motor and squeeze it in a grey market 930!!! Fun and extremely rewarding process I am sure. I have a couple pics of Mr. PhD's 79? 930 i think. beautiful, light, and most be un-godly quick!

Quick Reply: Help! Restless waiting for my 951!!!!