Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Looking for someone with a bad k26 that needs a stock turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 03:49 AM
Nocturnal_Breed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Looking for someone with a bad k26 that needs a stock turbo

I am currently looking to purchase a new upgraded turbo for my car and they require a turbo for a core. I have no problem with this besides the fact when the turbo you are using for a core is pretty much in bad condition.

My car has 130,000 miles approx, but while ripping the car down recently I noticed that my turbo is very clean inside and has little to no play in the shaft. Not sure if it was replaced by po but seems like too nice of a turbo to goto waste.

So, If anyone is looking for a k26/#6 to replace their worn one/ blown seals Iam looking for someone to trade turbos with and some cash. Pics available upon request. Taking turbo off of car tomorrow and the new one will be ordered on monday so If anyones interesed let me know.

Just trying to help someone out, hate to turn this thing in for a core.

Nocturnal_breed@yahoo.com
Old 01-30-2003, 01:44 PM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

i have a 86 944t and it has 117k on it, i'm sure that the po has not replaced this one and it seem like i can use one coz when i took the hoses out of the int cooler it had a bit of oil in it. how much are u asking for the turbo and are there any guarantees that this one will work? also i don't know the difference in turbos. is the one you are trying to get rid off the same as stock or is it an up grade? also send a pic of it to carlmichael@excite.com
i'm not rich so it sure would be nice if i can get a deal, especially on something like this
Old 01-30-2003, 02:24 PM
silicondigital
User

Hi, i have a stock k26 with a little more then 100k on it, it blows oil all over itself while boosting and is very loud and raspy sounding. I am in soon need of a rebuild so this would make for a nice trade. How much are you willing to trade for? Also could you send me some pictures of the turbo and blades?
Old 01-30-2003, 07:52 PM
coolhand
Racer

If you haven't made a deal with anyone else yet, I am also interested in your turbo. Send pics or whatever else you have to Luke12pinner@aol.com. Thanks

Quick Reply: Looking for someone with a bad k26 that needs a stock turbo