Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My compression numbers after being towed home.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:18 AM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carlege
just curious. have you upgraded any parts in the spark system that could lead to a greater voltage going through the rotor? Its looking like you have alot of juice running through that thing.
Not really I did replaced pretty much everything external on the engine. Everything from the coil to the plugs are new.

As far as the engine building. Buying a spare blocking and building on your time with a good torque wrench might be one of the easier ways to learn. Im sure people around here would be willing to help with any tips and techniques.
Tony damiza has a long block for sale at the moment. I think he's asking 800 dollars and he's like 1 hour away from me. I just purchased a Digital torque wrench sinc I was thinking of taking the head off.
Rennist has a lot of people with lots of knowledge that usually save money to other listers.

I bought a bare 5.0 block and 2 books on how to build it. Learned alot from the books that im sure is good general knowledge on how to build an engine. I never assembled the block due to personal reasons and eventually sold it but maybe one day ill revisit that idea
Domestic engines have a ton of support and a lot of books and videos on how to build one from scratch. I wish CW would make a video like that and would charges us a resonable fee for the video.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by minho78
The funny thing is that the litle screw that holds the rotor vanished no where to be found. Thank god lowes had the same size.
Uh oh. Are you missing the dust cap in your distributor? Do you have the front covers on your timing and balance shaft belts? If the answer to both is yes, you may have a new problem.

That little tinky screw is likely in the front timing cover and it will chew up your belts and pulleys. Ask me how I know this. You need to remove the covers and find it. You can try pulling the top cover and use a magnet wand to retrieve but that may not work. Lots of nooks and crannies for it to hide.

Here's what mine looked like after the screw 'disappeared'. Didn't make any noises for about a week then started to sound like a quiet pinball machine. Caught it before it severed the timing belt.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:05 AM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeff N.
Uh oh. Are you missing the dust cap in your distributor? Do you have the front covers on your timing and balance shaft belts? If the answer to both is yes, you may have a new problem.

That little tinky screw is likely in the front timing cover and it will chew up your belts and pulleys. Ask me how I know this. You need to remove the covers and find it. You can try pulling the top cover and use a magnet wand to retrieve but that may not work. Lots of nooks and crannies for it to hide.

Here's what mine looked like after the screw 'disappeared'. Didn't make any noises for about a week then started to sound like a quiet pinball machine. Caught it before it severed the timing belt.

Yeahh I have the dust cover there. There's a lot of damage for that little screw. Did the TB snap or you caught it on time?

Quick Reply: My compression numbers after being towed home.