Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What's next?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 09:13 PM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post What's next?

as you guys can see below, all i have are some minor upgrades, what would be a good next purchase say below 200.00 that would allow me to get more power. iwas saving for a paint job but i'd rather have the car smoke cars rather than all show no go.
besides it's a porsche what other show is there?
Old 03-22-2003, 09:23 PM
Chas
Pro

TRACK TIME

...oh wait...power

Well if you want to be "faster", as in faster lap times, track time is well worth the money. And actually, track time can give you a good feel for what you need/want to upgrade next (suspension/brakes/engine). I was very surprised how quickly I changed my mind from power upgrade to suspension/braking upgrade...

...well okay, I went from power upgrades to suspension/braking/ AND POWER upgrades
Old 03-22-2003, 11:11 PM
Dave E
Pro

Make the car lighter!! remove all the insulation under the carpets, this stuff is good for about 50 lbs.!!!
Old 03-23-2003, 01:41 AM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

track time? i have no experience in racing at all, besides don't i need a special license for it and as far as taking insulation out, wont that make everything rattle, espacially when i have the whole rear packed with stereo equipment
i was wondering of some upgrades and still be a bit competetive when a certain hot head says" wanna race"
i live out in the desert and on the way in from anaheim i had a ricer pulled up between me and a stang and said " wanna race?" i declined but the stand and him blinked the flashers left, right, left and there they went.
i kept up, even tho i said no but i had to back off when the old lady started hitting me and said slow down.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:35 PM
Chas
Pro

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. Track time in the form of DE (Drivers Education). All you need is a helmet, and most DE events will have loaners available. It's a great learning experience...you really get a chance to learn the capabilities of your car.

But as far as upgrades for the straights go (assuming that your ricer buddies want to race further than 0-40mph), do something to get rid of the awful "barn door" stock AFM (i.e. MAP or MAF). That will cost you a "little" more than $200, but it's probably the most beneficial upgrade you could go for based on what you already have.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:47 PM
Dave E
Pro

Nothing will rattle, the car has lots more dynomat like material bonded to the sheet metal all over the place. The insulation under the carpets does help kill a little road noise, and some of the heat from the engine compartment, but not enough to make things disagreeable IMHO.

Quick Reply: What's next?