Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

All the recent "buyer beware" statements...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 02:11 PM
txhedg
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it is a great idea.....I think if the service (I Love RennScrow !)is affiliated with an enthusiast site like Rennlist that has years of history, it would be hard for non-member parties, if they do their due diligence, to argue with using RennScrow. A few other thoughts:

*It should require that at least one of the sale parties (either buyer or seller),but not both, be a Rennlist member to use the service.

*It be used by members for any automotive-related item sold thru an internet transaction (and maybe a few common items all us car enthusiasts buy that are car-related in a round-about way, like maybe dig cameras so we can post pics, etc). Limiting the products escrowed will give us members more of a chance to argue to a seller/buyer why Rennscrow should be used....it is focused purely on providing auto svcs, and the people running the svc understand the products that are being laudered thru the escrow.

*Do not limit the service to items sold only thru rennlist....you need to be able to buy a car from another website and still use RennScrow to safeguard the purchase.

*Have a list of "mediators" from the core rennlist membership that are randomly assigned to transactions that are contested by either party. The persons involved in the dispute would be kept confidential from the mediators (so Skip the mediator doesn't just side with Perry since he knows him, and not the other guy in the sale), but the "ruling" of these mediators would be final. This would be a good selling point to non-members, as you would have "other enthusiasts" that settled auto sale item disputes, not some chick in a cube in a call center in Bakersfield who wouldn't know a MAF from a FPR.

*I think it would probably not only benefit members, but help increase the membership base as another quantifiable membership bene.

*YOu could probably create a simple, fill in the blank, form that allowed the parties to propose the specific terms of the deal (how long to evaluate, what is the test for "fitness of purpose, etc), get it loaded in the deal tracking file, and provide for an electronic paper trail for the terms of the deal that both parties had signed off on prior to submitting it to RennScrow. That would allow for more easily ruling on the disputes when a transaction comes to that.

*The downside is, I would think the bonding/insurance requirements associated with potentially handling numerous high $$ car sale escrows could be a deal killer. Never looked into it, but I would assume just throwing the money under John's mattress aint gonna cut it, and John probably won't want to put a personal guaranty up for the $$ in the escrow acct at any point. Thats a lot of John D credit risk, anyway.

Bottom line, I think its a great idea
Old 02-01-2003, 02:56 AM
tecart
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds very good, especially when buying those used 2000 dollar wheels and such, big ticket items could be done here easy enough, id be willing to pay for a service like this, but it should be available to all who want to buy and sell on rennlist

Quick Reply: All the recent "buyer beware" statements...