Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

anyone got a used mbc laying around?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 02:56 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Post anyone got a used mbc laying around?

Id like to test my new Tial wg with a manual boost controller as my EVC is limiting me to about 8psi. It could be a minor installation error, but I would like to be sure and since my car is 3 and a half hours away- I wouldnt mind having an mbc on hand to do some testing...If no one has one I can borrow I guess Im going to buy one from boostcontrollers.com and just resell it when I get the EVC sorted...
I could paypal you a few bucks then return it pretty quickly...thanks!
Old 03-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Pat Kennedy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam Hey: Just now found your post. I do indeed have a barely used Huntley MBC sitting here. I was going to put it up for sale, but if it helps you out - why not. Email me at:

pdkennedy@wi.rr.com and we'll set it up.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:29 PM
FityOne
Rennlist Member

Get one from BoostSciences.com or Gururacing. I got the ReliaBoost 1 for $37 shipped. Helps a good deal on reducing lag as well.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:49 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

No, I need a manual boost controller, not a boost enhancer type of valve. Im using this to test my evc as Im only seeing 8psi boost. Im also running a dual port type of wastegate..I do think I have one lined up thanks to Pat. If not Ill just buy a cheap one.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:29 PM
silicondigital
User

A "boost enhancer" is the same thing as a boost controller. People just use that term when its set to a similar pressure to stock boost, and is just being used to build boost sooner, not increace its peak. The LBE can be used as a MBC just fine.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Mledbetter
Racer

Home Depot has hundreds of them in stock.. you just have to assemble it yourself.

-Matt
Old 03-21-2003, 12:10 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by silicondigital:
<strong>A "boost enhancer" is the same thing as a boost controller. People just use that term when its set to a similar pressure to stock boost, and is just being used to build boost sooner, not increace its peak. The LBE can be used as a MBC just fine.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Im aware of that, I just un-installed a boost enhancer. I need a mbc to control my new wastegate directly as to test and see if my electronic valve controller is faulty...the deal is done anyways, Im borrowing Pat's to test with.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:50 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got one.

Send me your mailing address.

I'm sure it works fine, although it's been sitting a long time.

The price is right however :-)
Old 03-21-2003, 02:19 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sam's talking about the pressure-regulator type of controller. This is the only type that can be used on the wastegate in dual-port mode because it can subtract pressure from the system to create the pressure-differential that opens the wastegate.

Depending upon the electronic controller used, you actually have to specify the internal-wastegate setting if you have it hooked up in single-port model. External-wastegate setting is used for dual-port mode.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:26 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Got that ( the dual port setting on the back), since I only really got to try my boost controller for maybe 30min before I had to head back to school I was trying just to set it in manual mode for 1 bar, and I was not aware I *had* to complete a self-learn mode, so Im sure thats my problem and once I do a self learn mode I will be able to dial in what I need, just didnt read enough or have enough time...all should be well next time Im home.

Tony-thanks for the offer, but I already paypal'ed Pat to borrow his just to have on hand in case the evc still sucks.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:58 AM
ringo951
Burning Brakes

I am also looking for a MBC. Let me know if you have one you want to get rid of. thanks....

Quick Reply: anyone got a used mbc laying around?