Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 Clutch Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 01:12 AM
Robwsup
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 951 Clutch Replacement

I just want to say that Porsche mechanics are @#$%^ miracle workers if they can replace a 951 clutch in any decent amount of time. I've had broken bolts/studs, exhaust nuts (15mm) that won't budge with impact wrench dialed up to 130psi, Shift rod would move forward for nothing so I couldn't get the transmission out easily. I still have to pull the ground and the sensors on the clutch housing, and get the rest of the exhaust apart. Then I get to see wtf was wrong with the clutch to begin with. It held good, but wouldn't disengage. Yes I checked the master and slave cylinders.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:30 PM
smkn951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i feel your pain, i just replace my stock one with a turbo one and it took me 16 long hours by myself, that's including cutting the old bearing race where the front tit of the drivr shaft rides on, and also broke bolts, the trick i found with bolts being a tank mech is just constant preasure and a big cheater pipe.
jsut replace the rear main when you do it . coz as soon as i put mine together no more than a week the rear main was leakin(#$%^!)i am not about to do another clutch for a while till i really have to. a bottle of that stop leak seemed to do the trick, i'm only loosing bout 1/2qt per 500 miles.
well good luck and have fun
sorry i cannot tell u what maybe the cause of it sticking in gear, maybe just may be, a spring fell if you have the old style clutch and wedged itself in place.

Quick Reply: 951 Clutch Replacement