Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dipstick Tube O-Ring

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 11:11 AM
Sean Hall
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Dipstick Tube O-Ring

I need to replace the dipstick tube o-ring. Any suggestions on where to get a nice silicon o-ring that offers a better fit? The stock o-ring doesn't seem to fit that snugly.

Thanks,

Sean
'86 951
Old 06-26-2002, 04:35 PM
86944turbo
Racer

Sean,

I had a problem where my dipstick would lift 2-3 inches on a full boost run. Sprayed oil on the under side of the hood. I purchased a used dipstick at Partheaven in Hayward, cleaned it and it works fine. Another solution is to have a spring attached to the dipstick and motor. If I have problems with this in the future, I may do this.
Old 06-26-2002, 04:41 PM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

[quote]Originally posted by Sean Hall:
<strong>I need to replace the dipstick tube o-ring. Any suggestions on where to get a nice silicon o-ring that offers a better fit? The stock o-ring doesn't seem to fit that snugly.</strong><hr></blockquote>

If you are talking about the dipstick tube o-ring, go with stock. When you tighten the dipstick tube to the manifold, you need to put some tension on the tube so that the o-ring seals properly. Don't reuse your existing o-ring.

As for the dipstick itself, I don't think the o-ring is available from Porsche separately from the dipstick itself.
Old 06-26-2002, 05:16 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

The stock o-ring is availible from a dealer separately. I just got one last month.
Old 06-26-2002, 05:27 PM
Sean Hall
Racer

Yeah, this problem occurred after I went to a bigger turbo(although i didn't replace the o-ring during the install either)

The harder I drive the car, the more it leaks. (Which makes sense since this is due to crankcase pressure)

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll go to the dealer and pick up a stock o-ring.

-Sean

Quick Reply: Dipstick Tube O-Ring