944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

head gasket time..........

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002 | 10:40 PM
special tool
Banned

Luke - see if you can post a picture of the top of your block right after you remove the head.
Old 06-28-2002 | 01:50 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

[quote]Originally posted by special tool:
<strong>Luke - see if you can post a picture of the top of your block right after you remove the head.</strong><hr></blockquote>

? Y (i planned on taking pics though)

I drove around for a day and a half with the "other" injectors and the car was extremely rich. I hope to god I didn't score up my cyl. walls. I guesss I'll find out soon enough
Old 06-28-2002 | 03:07 AM
RedS2
Intermediate

I hate to admit my Turbo S valve job has turned into a Garrity head, different turbo, and Microcoated headers, re-seal, rod bearings, and oil pan gasket, p roportioning valve change, Turbo Cup suspension. I have been fixing this since November. God, I hate rusty nuts without anti-seize. The previous owner just butchered the exhaust stud repair with three tapped holes at three studs.

But, I have done a valve job on one S2 and my S that I purchased cheaply with a broken head and tensioner in the interim.

I really recommend Ellsworth Brothers in Mountain View, CA for excellent head work at a reasonable price. This is a simple job and they can do it all.
Old 06-28-2002 | 12:03 PM
Flight_951
Pro

[quote]Originally posted by Luke:
<strong>
thank god I have another car </strong><hr></blockquote>

I second that. I enjoy my '89 much more now that I don't rely on it everyday (even though it's pretty reliable). I bought a '97 Explorer with the SOHC engine and 4.10 gears a few months ago from a friend. It's a nice daily driver. The times I do drive the 951 are much more enjoyable now. In fact, after a couple weeks of not driving it, it's like a new car all over again.

Quick Reply: head gasket time..........