Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I hate having to mail order parts..

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Glad to hear about the bearings. That was exactly the same as my experince. Same parts in better packaging...
Old 04-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are some close ups of the bearings.

Left is the original 125k mile bearings, middle are the Glyco branded 'aftermarket' and right is the Porsche branded bearing.

Aside from the Glyco's having way better packaging the Porsche bearings also had the 6 equidistant lines on the bearing surface. I think it is just in the top most coating which is not the actual bearing material.. i think that coating must wear off as soon as you get any run time on the bearings. But note the same Glyco logo stamp on the bearings. So personally if i had to do this again, i would not even bother with the Porsche bearings. If you do, i would visually inspect each bearing shell before buying if possible. As for price difference, the Glyco bearing set ranges from $70-80 depending where you shop and the Porsche bearings are about $40 each.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:05 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

i would think like Remington gun oil is good stuff when it comes to leaving bearings or other metal parts exposed to the air longer than desired. the stuff is magic.

Quick Reply: I hate having to mail order parts..