Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone have a sequence(Build) order for re-installing Front Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011 | 11:12 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
Very rarely do any of your posts ever add anything of value. Sad, really.

Ed, how's the project?
People should search before they make a thread. All of this is pretty much on clarks garage and as well as the shop manual. Wait i forgot on rennlist as well. There is even a picture on rennlist with all the torque values pasted on there. If you really have to ask this question then maybe you shouldnt be working on your car. Any parts changer can fig out 1st you put the shock with the mount along with the coil then you put the arm with as the castor block, then the tie rod, then the sindle then the brakes oh yes the sway bars as well. This is just top of my head. its logic. Now if a he had problem with installing any of this this. Then yeah i can see him post.
Old 04-06-2011 | 11:29 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
A Arms are already installed ( never removed)
I was thinking ...???

1- ABS sensors on Spindles
2- Spindles
3- Tie Rods ( connect to Spindles )
4- Brake Disc Shield Plates
5- Struts ( connect to spindle )
6- Bearings and Hubs
7- Brake Rotors
8- Brake Calipers
9- Brake lines and ABS connected
10-Sway Bars

Please give me your take on this...

Thanks in advance guys
Regards
Ed
Yes. Wheels and tires go on last!
Old 04-06-2011 | 11:37 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ehall
Yes. Wheels and tires go on last!
Yes dont forget to torque the lug nuts at 90ft# in a cross pattern its always nice to put a small dab of antisieze on the studs
Old 04-06-2011 | 01:43 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reno808
People should search before they make a thread. All of this is pretty much on clarks garage and as well as the shop manual. Wait i forgot on rennlist as well. There is even a picture on rennlist with all the torque values pasted on there. If you really have to ask this question then maybe you shouldnt be working on your car. Any parts changer can fig out 1st you put the shock with the mount along with the coil then you put the arm with as the castor block, then the tie rod, then the sindle then the brakes oh yes the sway bars as well. This is just top of my head. its logic. Now if a he had problem with installing any of this this. Then yeah i can see him post.
Hey Reno
I don't know you from adam, but I would guess, that I forgot more than you know.
You seem to have issues w/ my post ?... If you do, then just ignore it. Acting like a moron which you seem pretty good at, really doesn't add anything to this board.
First of all, I did do a search. Second, this car is notorious for putting stuff back on, only to find that the order could have been done differently, and a better result would come from it ( i.e. the parts you just put on, don't have to come off, in order to put the other parts on) ... I am only explaining this for others on this board, as to why I posted the original question ... If you have issues, which it certainly seems like you do .... Go kick your dog, or beat your member etc ... Maybe that would make you feel better ... And if that doesn't satisfy you, feel free to pay me a visit, and I will deal with you face to face .. So, from now on do me a favor, don't reply to my posts if you have nothing constructive to say. I am trying my best to stay civil here .....

Last edited by Crazy Eddie; 04-06-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-06-2011 | 01:56 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hey Reno
I don't know you from adam, but I would guess, that I forgot more than you know.
You seem to have issues my post ?... If you do, then just ignore it. Acting like a moron which you seem pretty good at, really doesn't add anything to this board.
First of all, I did do a search. Second, this car is notorious for putting stuff back on, only to find that the order could have been done differently, and a better result would come from it ( i.e. the parts you just put on, don't have to come off, in order to put the other parts on) ... I am only explaining this for others on this board, as to why I posted the original question ... If you have issues, which it certainly seems like you do .... Go kick your dog, or beat your member etc ... Maybe that would make you feel better ... And if that doesn't satisfy you, feel free to pay me a visit, and I will deal with you face to face .. So, from now on do me a favor, don't reply to my posts if you have nothing constructive to say. I am trying my best to stay civil here .....
Old 04-06-2011 | 02:35 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Hey Reno
You seem to have issues my post ?... If you do, then just ignore it. Acting like a moron which you seem pretty good at, really doesn't add anything to this board.
ok crazie eddie relax no need to express how i need to beat my member or kick my dog. kind of funny i might add. Next time i am out west i will pay you a visit and lart too.i some what see your point. here i did some research for you. It only took 2 secounds. this was my point the info is out there. If you need more help i can post more links, diagrams, and pics for you if you want.
http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/susp-07.htm
http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/susp-02.htm
Old 04-06-2011 | 02:56 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

ok crazie eddie relax no need to express how i need to beat my member or kick my dog. kind of funny i might add. Next time i am out west i will pay you a visit and lart too.i some what see your point. here i did some research for you. It only took 2 secounds. this was my point the info is out there. If you need more help i can post more links, diagrams, and pics for you if you want.
http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/susp-07.htm
http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/susp-02.htm
Reno I use Clarks all the time. IF you looked at the links you just sent me, you would see there is no explanation of the order, of all the parts I listed, going back on the car ....
Why do I feel that I am wasting my time here trying to explain what it was I was looking for ???
Let's just move on....
Old 04-06-2011 | 03:25 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Reno I use Clarks all the time. IF you looked at the links you just sent me, you would see there is no explanation of the order, of all the parts I listed, going back on the car ....
Why do I feel that I am wasting my time here trying to explain what it was I was looking for ???
Let's just move on....
order doesnt really matter control arm can go 1st or strut. everything in the middle doesnt really matter.. brakes goes in last.. However there are better ways than others depends.
Old 04-06-2011 | 03:35 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

order doesnt really matter control arm can go 1st or strut. everything in the middle doesnt really matter.. brakes goes in last.. However there are better ways than others depends.
Reno
The control arms are on the car and were never taken off, as I stated in my first post!
Thanks, I got what I needed from Darwin
Old 04-06-2011 | 06:17 PM
Darwantae951

Guess there's no need to explain myself, it's been covered.

Ed, glad I could help!

Quick Reply: Anyone have a sequence(Build) order for re-installing Front Suspension