Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

How quick is a BMW 135i w/Dinan upgrade...

Old 04-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A regular one does 0-60 in 4.7... You sure they were racing?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:56 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phoenix_iii
A regular one does 0-60 in 4.7... You sure they were racing?
thats why I said from a dead stop he would have hurt me.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:01 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JDS968
The BMW N54 (earlier 135i, 335i, 535i, etc, with the twin-turbo instead of the twin-scroll single turbo) starts out at 300hp and can be Dinan-tuned to three different levels of power, starting at 360hp, up to 400hp. The 135i is a very heavy car for its size, but with Stage 3 software, that's a lot of acceleration potential (and over a vastly wider RPM range than any 2.5L 951). Did the driver tell you that he had the software, or did it just have a Dinan badge on it (which can mean any combination of Dinan upgrades, not necessarily engine upgrades)?

Either way, if a RWD 6MTX I-6 twin-turbo is a chick car, I don't know what isn't.
That's why I said if it's a chick car...it's a bad chick car! I like it.

It looked tough, had the big Dinan badge on the back of the car with everything else removed. Like I said I know from a dead stop i would have been spanked. I had a chance to roll side by side through a trun and then we both hit it. I pulled him in the first three gears and third was getting worse (for him). I assume my car is a lot lighter too.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:14 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hevquip
I only believe in 3 kinds of cars: chick cars, gay cars, and MANLY MAN CARS!
I went to one of my old hang out's last night...greasy burgers, beers and cars. LOL...I probably had the most girly car there amongst 9 second street cars, tubbed pro street trucks, rat rods and muscle cars.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:44 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racerxrick
I went to one of my old hang out's last night...greasy burgers, beers and cars. LOL...I probably had the most girly car there amongst 9 second street cars, tubbed pro street trucks, rat rods and muscle cars.
Nope not girly ,Euro! Most of those guys don't know what a corner is!
You'd be shocked at how little some (not all) of those guys know about going around corners! I work with a Mustang guy, (11 sec quarters) he doesn't know
a coil over from a standard strut! Got rid of his front sway bar to save weight!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:56 AM
hevquip
Racer

Originally Posted by schip43
Nope not girly ,Euro!
Yeah, but everyone knows Europeans are effeminate lol.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:24 AM
hevquip
Racer

Originally Posted by racerxrick
That's what I like about living here in Littleton: Bandimere Speedway is just a few minutes down the road, no ricers and not just because they get chased off the streets, but because the hand-me-downs and rides kids get here are better than the average ten year old Honda, seeing as it's probably their parents who are driving the big block classics cruising the streets with wheelie bars tucked underneath, tuned diesel trucks with more torque than the 5 cars behind it combined, and Littleton embraces car culture the most out of all parts Denver and surrounding areas (they even dig it when I take my go kart out on the streets). My friends have seen the front wheels of new and old school Camaros lift off the ground in stoplight races and told me about riding the streets in 9 second GTOs. I used to have such a hunk of **** truck that I found it funny to rev on people, I even had a guy in a chomo van take me serious and BLOW MY DOORS OFF with his ****tastical sleeper of a ride (me and my friends almost died laughing watching this ****box just ****in' TEAR OFF down the road!). Those are the kind of manly man rides we have in Littleton, except for the van, which has to be deemed kind of gay for being associated with chomos...
Old 04-04-2011, 02:55 AM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Where in Littleton do you live? I used to live right off of Kipling, and Garrison.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:23 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hevquip
My friends have seen the front wheels of new and old school Camaros lift off the ground in stoplight races and told me about riding the streets in 9 second GTOs.
Uh huh.

A 9 second street camaro at 5800ft is a 13 second car once it is actually on the track at Bandimere. I have not yet figured out why there are so many 9 and 10 second street cars waiting in line to get into Bandimere yet there aren't very on the inside of the gates. Why do the cars gain 3 to 6 second in the quarter mile just going through the gates at Bandimere?

I never knew littleton was the "car mecca" on Denver. When I used to misbehave, the street racing crowd certainly didn't hang out there...

-Dana
Old 04-04-2011, 01:28 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

I can't wait for the streets to be swept here. most of snow is melted.. right now my car only spines out wickedly on my micky thompsons... no chance of wheelies as it should do guessing the just above freezing temps doesnt help
Old 04-04-2011, 02:53 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by anders44
I can't wait for the streets to be swept here. most of snow is melted.. right now my car only spines out wickedly on my micky thompsons... no chance of wheelies as it should do guessing the just above freezing temps doesnt help
ah....just now thawing out huh! Always nice to hear from those in the tundra
Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 PM
hevquip
Racer

Originally Posted by m73m95
Where in Littleton do you live? I used to live right off of Kipling, and Garrison.
I live off Kipling right before Belleview.

Originally Posted by DanaT
Uh huh.

A 9 second street camaro at 5800ft is a 13 second car once it is actually on the track at Bandimere. I have not yet figured out why there are so many 9 and 10 second street cars waiting in line to get into Bandimere yet there aren't very on the inside of the gates. Why do the cars gain 3 to 6 second in the quarter mile just going through the gates at Bandimere?

I never knew littleton was the "car mecca" on Denver. When I used to misbehave, the street racing crowd certainly didn't hang out there...

-Dana
I have seen what I've seen. People do take their ridiculously fast cars for drives out here, some of which I'd even swear up and down can't be doing it legally when you look at how maxed out their vehicle is, but if they want to do it and can get away with it, then more power to them.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:21 PM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

There are 9-10 second cars all over here in Michigan.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Guys, our cars are fast. But a 135 or a 335 is also a fast car with some minor mods. By the way have you guys seen the 2012 M5? Thats a sweet machine. My neighbors son has a 2010 if I'm not mistaken, Ahhh the exhaust sound.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:06 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by minho78
Guys, our cars are fast. But a 135 or a 335 is also a fast car with some minor mods. By the way have you guys seen the 2012 M5? Thats a sweet machine. My neighbors son has a 2010 if I'm not mistaken, Ahhh the exhaust sound.
agreed wholeheartedly! We have a number of mildly modified 335i's that are fun to watch at the dragstrip around here. The 135 was quick too...our cars are light and once rolling will accelerate well. Mine has no hesitation once the boost is on! I WILL NOT jump on my car from a dead stop...too much stress.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How quick is a BMW 135i w/Dinan upgrade...