Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

2.8 liter Turbo video

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 12:32 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2.8 liter Turbo video

We just put some video of the Anderson 2.8 liter Turbo up on the site. Its a tuning video, a little lengthy but the turbo whine sounds hot.

We will get more up soon, as you can see, we are working hard at bringing our site up to date.

<a href="http://www.andersonmotorworksinc.com/internal_pages/redcar.htm" target="_blank">http://www.andersonmotorworksinc.com/internal_pages/redcar.htm</a>

Take Care!
Old 06-19-2003, 06:19 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool vid man.What kind of numbers did you guys get?? I wish my turbo whinned like that when i spool up.What kind of racing are you guys going to do with the car....or is it a customer car.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:52 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Hey John - what kind of control arms are on that car. I've not seen tubular arms on a 951 like that before.
Old 06-19-2003, 07:06 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

We ended up running 340 rear wheel at about 13.5 PSI. Its capable of much more, and we will crank it up little by little over time. We run Porsche Owners Club mainly, but we do run TCRA and just a few NASA events. Its one of our company cars, the other is our NA which blew a piston and cracked a cylinder at the last event. Way to much compression (over 14:1) and the wrong timing. We are trying to rely on the stock computer in the NA as much as possible. So, looks like its a 3.2 liter now, pistons are on the way, block work is being done. We will keep it to 13:1 from now on.

Skip,

They are a new design. We want to get some track time on them. If they are good performers, then we will make them for sale. They are lightweight chromoly tube.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

John
Old 06-19-2003, 08:24 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

John I am going to be out in your area the week of June 30th. Could you give me an idea where you are located so I might stop in and chat about some upgrades on my 89T. We will be in the old town area. Thanks Craig
Old 06-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

John what hotside a/r and what turbine? I noticed that it does't seem to spool....
Old 06-19-2003, 10:59 PM
rcldesign
Racer

I think that in the video, they were tuning partial throttle mapping in which case they're not really doing 'power pulls', but rather just holding certain rpm constant.

HR had a 2.8L turbo in their shop last time I was there... makes ~400 @ 15 psi. Those big turbos man... the very first time I heard the thing I almost crapped my pants. You really have to hear them when they're pullin some r's - one of the sickest sounds ever.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:25 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Hey LandJet,

It would be great have you over, we are located in santee, about 20 minutes drive from where you will be staying. If transportation is a problem, I can send someone to get you and bring you back.

Luke, Are you looking at the same video? That turbo is spooling each time the throttle is hit, thats not dyno noise your hearing, thats the turbo whine. I know the video is not the best, but its hard to miss. As far as size and specs...that will come a little later on. Infact, right at the beginning, you hear the engine running for a few seconds, then its let down...at that moment you can hear the turbo spool down very clear.

Take Care

Quick Reply: 2.8 liter Turbo video