Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Here at Texas mile

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by toddk911
It sounds like the 1,000hp+ guys need to stop worrying about power and more boost and focus more on better aero/downforce, suspension, traction, etc.

Is this that Camaro?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki1QrCGfntk
Oh. My. God.

That is a really beautiful setup under the hood. Any links to more info about the car?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:01 PM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's it. If im not mistaken, the 1800 dyno run was on 28 psi boost. They had planned to up it to 36 + nitrous for the run. Ill find a link in a second

edit - actually can't find any info, i thought LMR's site had it but i guess not. I do know that those numbers are on a mustang dyno + 20'' wheels. impressive to say the least.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:43 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by TX951
and a Ford Fiesta did 102mph.

Bruce and Sean - sorry I missed you there.

I'll definitely be back for the next, and will be running something too.
Sounds like they are having it at Beeville next year, will be there for that.

We talked to the guy in the Fiesta and he was shooting for 100 or he would have lost all face with his friends. I thought it was fantastic he was out there doing it, and glad he busted the century mark.

I didn't go out on Sunday but a few from the crew did. I ended up working on another supercharged GTS and brought it home last night.

Will have to meet up with you all next time.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:51 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2FIfAuPOq4
Old 03-29-2011, 07:24 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by TX951
Dang Bruce! Wish I would have known you were there. I was there from 10:30-5. Met 2Bridges and saw his Z06 hit 178mph. Real nice guy.

The parked red 951 was mine.
Was a pleasure to meet and visit with you Quinn.

Kind of embarrassed you got a pic of the grungie engine compartment - before we left it was spotless. After 12 runs and 3 round trips to town is got scuzed.

We ended up running a best of 179.6mph -
DANG!!!! SO CLOSE! goal was 180mph

Did not get a single run in with a break from the wind and/or heat.
When the hinson vette crashed it was the coolest morning of the event and the wreck delayed things for several hours. We were all just glad everybody walked away, but everybody was hoping to get in just one run in the cool morning air. By the time we resumed it was mid 80s already.

Being the true street car it is we drove the car back to the hotel each evening and back out in the morning. The local police would eyeball me pretty good as we left the paddock and headed into town, but we were good and no problems. The gate workers got a kick out of us rolling in each morning.

I can't say enough about the event. It was well organized and run very well.
Great people put it on, and great participants.

2B
Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by racerxrick
Drag radials shouldn't squirm...drag slicks..yes.
Drag radials are a soft sidewall tire construction. As such they most definitely do allow the car to "float" around much more at 140+ than a road race oriented tire. Most definitely a different sensation and not a tire I feel safe on above 150 for any length of time.

Originally Posted by hevquip
Wait, what? They allow you to run without a full cage at these speeds? I'd like to see the waiver they were passing around...
under 190mph requires minimal safety gear - extinguisher, factory belts, etc.
over 190mph 4 point bar, harness and a few other safety items.

The waiver is the same as most any I have signed dozens of times before... something along the lines of "you are responsible for your safety and understand the outlined safety requirements do not guarantee your safety including injury,death,etc. blah blah blah."
Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

The cops were too busy following us around all weekend.

This photo only shows three of the 6 in the gas station parking lot. And it was the 2nd time we were pulled over. I was amazed at how few LEO's were around the mile.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2bridges
Drag radials are a soft sidewall tire construction. As such they most definitely do allow the car to "float" around much more at 140+ than a road race oriented tire. Most definitely a different sensation and not a tire I feel safe on above 150 for any length of time.

under 190mph requires minimal safety gear - extinguisher, factory belts, etc.
over 190mph 4 point bar, harness and a few other safety items.

The waiver is the same as most any I have signed dozens of times before... something along the lines of "you are responsible for your safety and understand the outlined safety requirements do not guarantee your safety including injury,death,etc. blah blah blah."
interesting...and makes sense (regarding drag radials).

Though i was aware of the simple rollbar requirement that sure seems a little light for that power and speed!

Thanks for the report!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SeanR

This photo only shows three of the 6 in the gas station parking lot. And it was the 2nd time we were pulled over. I was amazed at how few LEO's were around the mile.
why were the pulling you guys over? no front plate?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

why were the pulling you guys over? no front plate?
Reports of "racing" on the highways. We preferred to call it passing slower traffic. One guy pulled me over on 77 south of Waco for not using a turn signal to pass a left turning gravel truck, on the shoulder. Just a warning, he followed us for about 20 miles looking for a reason.

The second time they just waited until we pulled in to a gas station then surrounded us.

That photo was in Victoria.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:34 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Reports of "racing" on the highways. We preferred to call it passing slower traffic. One guy pulled me over on 77 south of Waco for not using a turn signal to pass a left turning gravel truck, on the shoulder. Just a warning, he followed us for about 20 miles looking for a reason.

The second time they just waited until we pulled in to a gas station then surrounded us.

haha...
Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 574 Posts

too many 6speeders get bored and run each other on the highways. They ruin it for everyone
Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 PM
2bridges
Drifting

HAHAHA! Well thanks for keeping them occupied. I knew I was gambling with the road race slicks, taped nose, and blower whine. But we kept a low profile and drove straight to the motel.

Though i was aware of the simple rollbar requirement that sure seems a little light for that power and speed!
Definitely Agree! The driver is just plain lucky. He should go buy a lottery ticket.

Even going for 180 it was very uncomfortable getting ready to make a pass and not having rollbar and harnesses to pull tight. That is always the last thing I do is give the belts one more good pull and the street car has zero additional safety stuff. Ran with 100% stock belts, no bar, no harnesses, etc. Took a few runs to get comfortable with.... or block out.

Obviously In a straight line run it is less probable that you will wreck compared to a comparable speed road race venue, but **** happens.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Furbz
AutoX

thanks for testing the waters for me guys. i live down here in victoria and should have my 951 running soon. Its nice to see what the cop response is gonna be.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:35 PM
LUCKY DAVE
Racer

Location: Encinitas, ca PCA National DE instructor PCA San Diego chief driving instructor
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the 951's parked by the entrance, but I was too busy to say Hi!
My two buddies and I (Team Punisher) were riding the Aprilia RSV with the guard's red bodywork.
Our bike is supercharged, and charge cooled with water/methanol spray as we don't have room for an intercooler. It works really well, lowering post blower temps from 200f to 130f.
We are running a Megasquirt ECU and a wet nitrous system, "on the bottle" we are making 320~380 rwhp depending on nitrous controller duty cycle.
I ran 192.8, the fastest pass for a twin cylinder bike of any class or description (so far) at Goliad, Maxton, or Mohave.
Enough power for 15% wheelspin through the lights is fun

Quick Reply: Here at Texas mile