Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Has anyone ever change a oil pressure sensor from the top vs the bottom?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 04:46 AM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine were disintegrated from my past power steering leak, so I just never put new ones back on. I actually don't know if they would fit, had I wanted to replace them.

I also switched the spade connectors to ring connectors. They seem more secure, and have a better connection.

Seriously though, call Sunset Porsche to check on a OEM sender. They have been within a few $, + or -, on everything I've bought from them. I always call them first, unless I need a part in a hurry. Pelican's parts come to Vegas next day, even with regular shipping.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:11 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by m73m95
Mine were disintegrated from my past power steering leak, so I just never put new ones back on. I actually don't know if they would fit, had I wanted to replace them.

I also switched the spade connectors to ring connectors. They seem more secure, and have a better connection.

Seriously though, call Sunset Porsche to check on a OEM sender. They have been within a few $, + or -, on everything I've bought from them. I always call them first, unless I need a part in a hurry. Pelican's parts come to Vegas next day, even with regular shipping.
Thanks bud yes most of the time that's true...
Actually, I buy almost everything at Sunset ... whatever I don't I buy at Pelican
Shipping is great at both.... it's just that the price I got from Sunset, was 93.00
vs Pelican which was 31... I think the Porsche part is a VDO vs Pelican is FAE...
Regards
Ed
Old 03-16-2011, 12:02 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I am determined to not remove that Pump ...

Not lazy just pissed ... If I take off another f@#$ car part, that I have put on at least 3 times, I am going to loose my **** ... I feel like I have put this damn car back together at least 3 times already ..

All missing, already ....

Ya see, that's what I was lookin' for !!
I have no qualms about taking those tools, and hitting them to the grinding wheel
Actually, I kind of make it like a contest, to see if I can make it look like it came that way ... all polished up and such ...
Oohh.... maybe I should have said that ... I see a golden shower coming in my future
Thanks Chris
i feel you on that. thats why every time i have to go in there and fix something i put less parts in. example: manual rack, no ac, no bear wear sensors, & etc
Old 03-16-2011, 03:14 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Thanks bud yes most of the time that's true...
Actually, I buy almost everything at Sunset ... whatever I don't I buy at Pelican
Shipping is great at both.... it's just that the price I got from Sunset, was 93.00
vs Pelican which was 31... I think the Porsche part is a VDO vs Pelican is FAE...
Regards
Ed
Hey Ed. I bought one of the LR OIL PRESSURE ADAPTER FOR GAUGE 924S / 944 ALL / 968

It actually gives you way more space in there to put a wrench on things. You can plug the extra hole if you are not going to use it.

I'm hopefully crawling under there tonight. I have to replace an oil cooler seal on one of the hoses I received from Chris White with the wizard oil cooler combo. Forgot to lube the oring and it leaks.
I will snap some photos. Also I used a set of AN fitting wrenches to tighten things. They fit in there just fine.
Good luck
Jason
Old 03-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gruhsy
Hey Ed. I bought one of the LR OIL PRESSURE ADAPTER FOR GAUGE 924S / 944 ALL / 968

It actually gives you way more space in there to put a wrench on things. You can plug the extra hole if you are not going to use it.

I'm hopefully crawling under there tonight. I have to replace an oil cooler seal on one of the hoses I received from Chris White with the wizard oil cooler combo. Forgot to lube the oring and it leaks.
I will snap some photos. Also I used a set of AN fitting wrenches to tighten things. They fit in there just fine.
Good luck
Jason
Hey Jason
The way it is now, the oil sender is hitting the hard PS line where the rubber boots are I think I am just going to get a stock one from Porsche ?
Best regards
Ed
Old 03-17-2011, 02:26 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Default update

Hey Guys
Just wanted to let ya know I was actually able to get to that sensor from under the car and loosen it ( I have to wait until I get the sensor from Sunset before I remove it ).. Yea I bent over and decided screw it I went this far what's another C note ..
Thanks to all for your help
When I get it in I'll post some pictures
best regards
Ed
Oh BTW I was able to get in there and just wound up removing a cable clamp that holds the PS hard line to get the boots covers off
Had a thin wrench from HF that did the trick
Old 03-17-2011, 11:43 AM
aben8057
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats.....be careful not to over-tighten the bolts that the wire connectors attach to. They easily snap then you will have to order another sending unit.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aben8057
Congrats.....be careful not to over-tighten the bolts that the wire connectors attach to. They easily snap then you will have to order another sending unit.
Thanks bud, for the heads up ... Those nuts are so small, I just tighten by hand and then give it a little twist with a needle nose pliers...
Best regards
Ed

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever change a oil pressure sensor from the top vs the bottom?