Help - Central Locking Gone Crazy!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 03:45 AM
Michael Robertson
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help - Central Locking Gone Crazy!

Guys,

Just lately I've been having issues with the central locking on my car. If i have the locked while driving, every time I lower the driver side electric window all the way down, the car unlocks itself.

This came to a head last night when I was driving home and the car began locking and unlocking itself about once every three seconds on my drive home.

Now - when I unlock the car it locks itself straight away, and if i unlock and open the car quickly, the doors lock and the factory alarm (horn) beeps when I insert the key and turn it!

Help - what should I do.. is there a fuse I can remove or something like that??

Michael
Old 06-12-2002, 07:38 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There might be a possibility that mounting plate where door lock motors are bolted on has become loose.These plates are bolted on the door with two bolts.If the plate is loose it hits lightly to window mechanics, especially when you open the window.It can be in both doors.You have to remove door panels to be able to check out the motors.It's easy task, my 14 year old son did it to both doors less than ten minutes.

Olli,
'88 951
Old 06-12-2002, 03:32 PM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weird. There is a control box under the driver side dash clipped to the steering colum. Black about the size of 2 decks of cards stacked. It may have gone bad. Other thing I though of, maybe a wiring short somewhere in the driver door going to the lock motor.
Old 06-16-2002, 11:24 PM
Michael Robertson
Intermediate

thanks guys..

It's gone beyond my limited mechanical ability so I will tell the auto elec. all that stuff tomorrow...

I'll give him a few hints of where to look and that sort of thing..

I've figured out how to work around it at the moment (turn the key and open the door - split second) but want it totally fixed...

Michael
Old 06-17-2002, 11:10 PM
Michael Robertson
Intermediate

Well guys.. turns out the fault was a 'faulty drivers door solenoid' that was sending the system crazy!

Glad to have finally had it resolved though..

Quick Reply: Help - Central Locking Gone Crazy!