Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Kokeln built race car for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kokeln built race car for sale

After much debate I am going to put this up to see if there is any interest. Runs in PCA GT2 class now because of the weight which is #2150LBS. Car was built by Kokeln Racing and I have the European Car magazine article I can send to interested parties which explains the build. I added the Vitesse Stage3 turbo/MAF/#75 inj/and wasted spark which has about 3 race weekends on them. At the wheels it put down 362hp at 16.5LBS of boost on a weak engine as it has blow by in a couple of cyl. The last time I raced the car the oil catch can over flowed and soaked the heat wrapped crossover pipe during the race. When the race was over and there was no longer air flowing under the car I had a quick flash fire burning the heat wrap. It was put out quickly by the track crew so there was minimal heat damage. Car still ran but I would change the wire harness before racing as it got very warm. I would also freashen the engine to bring up the comp and power. Imagine the hp increase with good comp. When built the car was completely stripped, acid dipped, chrome moly cage installed and then painted inside and out. Car has 3 race weekends and a couple of shake down weekends on repaint. Body is all Fiber glass one piece front and one piece rear with composite wing. Lexan window front and rear. To sweetin the deal I have a spare non limited slip trans for it, 2 sets of wheels, lots of spare parts, and will include a 2.8L engine that I was going to install since I was bumped to GT2 class. The 2.8L was built with a new block and has a 3.0L crank, Carrillo rods, VR stage4 turbo, #83LB inj, VR MAF and chips. This car is very light and in turn is very fast and nimble. I am leaving a lot out but if you are interested I will go into more detail, just shoot me an email or I can send you my number. I am asking $27K for everything. My home computer is down at the moment so I will have to answer emails from work so please be patient.
Thanks for looking.
Attached Images      
Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

IMHO $27k for that car is a steal!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Having been next to it, having seen it run many times at Hallett, and the way the owner has taken care of it, it is a great deal.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Really looks like a no-expenses-spared build - nice cage, seam welding, etc. I'm not in the market, but curious about a few things:
-Early or late suspension offset?
-Turbo or Turbo S (or other) brakes?
-What shocks?
-Fuel cell? (looks like the filler neck is on the driver's side)
-Title?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Really looks like a no-expenses-spared build - nice cage, seam welding, etc. I'm not in the market, but curious about a few things:
-Early or late suspension offset?
-Turbo or Turbo S (or other) brakes?
-What shocks?
-Fuel cell? (looks like the filler neck is on the driver's side)
-Title?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Van it has the late suspension offset 87 and up. Big red brakes with slotted rotors front and 89TS rears.
Bilstein shocks with 6 and 8 hundred pound springs and yes a fuel cell. Filler neck is mounted in the rear window behind drivers door. I am willing to sell the car without the spare 2.8L engine if someone is interested in just refreshing the current 2.5L that is in it. Just trying to make a very good package deal on everything I bought for the car I will not need for another project. As I said before everything is included in the price.
Spare trans, one set of BBS wheels and second set of fikse gray 5 spoke wheels, both sets are 3 piece and 18's with 295's front and 315's and 335's rear. Also have a brand new set of 335 rear slicks never been mounted that go, and of course a complete 2.8L with 3.0L crank, Mahle pistons, carrillo rods, VR stage4 turbo, MAF, chips and #83inj. I also have lots of extra parts and a lot of stock turbo parts that came off the car doing upgrades. As I said above if anyone wants more info or pictures let me know.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:51 PM
hevquip
Racer

Seeing as how I already have a 2.8, I wouldn't mind having a spare...you have a price for that 2.8 assembly if you decide to sell it separately?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

hevquip I will send you a pm.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 PM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

sad to see you sell it, its always been an inspiration for me, hopefully another lister buys it, totally awsome car.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Thanks anders44 I hate to part with it. I don't see that I will have a chance to race again for a few years just to busy at work and I don't want it sitting around collecting dust any longer.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But you ARE keeping the 924 GT replica correct?

hevquip, the car make it in yet?
Old 03-08-2011, 05:46 AM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Landjet
Thanks anders44 I hate to part with it. I don't see that I will have a chance to race again for a few years just to busy at work and I don't want it sitting around collecting dust any longer.
I seriously would have bought, if not for buying a 69 camaro + new boat recently etc.. just low on cash :/ the price is a STEAL

I havent botherd much with my 944 last 2 years, but I started working on it a few months back, hopefully I can enjoy it this summer.

anyway, good luck selling an amazing car.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by anders44
I seriously would have bought, if not for buying a 69 camaro + new boat recently etc.. just low on cash :/ the price is a STEAL
My new 951 race car was about 65% more without any engine at all. Steal indeed.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:56 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Nice car and a great seller. Good luck with the sale!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Landjet
Burning Brakes

Bret: Yes for the time being I am keeping the 924 GT. Would hate to part with that even though it sits in storage most of the time.

Thanks John

Quick Reply: Kokeln built race car for sale