Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: Which Seat Option is Better?
Sparco Milano Prestige/R700
17.65%
996 Factory Blue Leather
29.41%
Neither, if this is selected please provide alternate choice
11.76%
Have 951/993 Sport Seats recovered in matching leather
41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Wanting Opinions on Seat Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:44 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would make the crests in the seat back Silver to match the car... but that's just me!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:48 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That is a good point! I think I will ask Robert to send me some sample photos from other cars. I am sure I will like it either way. If he sends some pics, I will post them.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

My seats are finally finished. I will post the pictures below:
Attached Images     
Old 06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoah... they look FABULOUS!

-You still have the old blue seats? -You looking to part with them?

I only ask because I was about to embark on a re-covering project (NON-sport seats) and I'd like some spare dark blue edges for the backrests... Not sure if this matches what you have?

But... back to the topic at hand... -Those look STUNNING! I'm loving the silver/blue combination.

Oh, and I could probably drive to Weeki Wachee...

Keith
Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Thanks, I think they came out pretty nice as well. I would like to see them first hand, but don't know when that might happen. My FL car has been at LR for over a year now. I have no idea when it will ever get finished. I think it is growing roots. To be fair the car is actually down the street at DPS awaiting final assembly. I am not sure when it will finally make it down to FL. Yes, I have the original blue seats, but they are in Oklahoma right now. I am in Toronto on business, and currently pretty much live in Fremont, CA, when I am not traveling for business. I have another '89 there that I am currently working on myself. I have made more progress in the last year on that car doing it by myself, than the one in Oklahoma. When I get everything back if you are still interested, feel free to come over a take a look. I have tons of extra parts now between the two cars. I need a bullet to the head however, as I have enough into the both of these cars to buy a brand new Z06 or a very nice used 997.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:27 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
I would make the crests in the seat back Silver to match the car... but that's just me!
Per your suggestion, see above
Old 06-14-2011, 07:49 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

If you don't mind me asking, how much were the seats and then how much to restore them? I think I want to do the same thing.

They look great, btw!

I think I met you once... I bought a set of 951 club sport wheels from a Florida native somewhere in the south bay a few years back, he had a zermatt silver '89 turbo and he was painting the engine with Por15 and extrude honing the intake. The wheels were for sale because his wife just bought him a set of HREs or something for his birthday... is that you?
Old 06-14-2011, 08:22 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Yes, that would be me. I am pretty sure they were $600.00 on EBay. Then another $2,500.00 for the recover and also added seat heaters. Plus another $200.00 for a lot of shipping.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:50 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Cool, small world!

Seat heaters are awesome, I have them in my 968 and my audi, somehow it does make my back feel better. I think $3300 is not bad considering what you ended up with - they look great!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you're reconstructing TWO of these beasties, to live in two different time-zones...? -You're a dedicated man, my friend!

If and when everything rolls back to Florida, let me know. As of right now, the blue vinyl part of my seat backs is the only bit which is causing me agida. -On mine the center panels are blue velour with a silver-white pinstripe, but I'm contemplating recovering a second set to match, as opposed to recovering these... No hurry, so keep me in mind when it all rolls homeward. (BTW, mine also has roll bar & harnesses installed... It's done a LOT of laps at Sebring in particular)

I know people keep telling me about how great seat heaters are, but aside from the two weeks each year when it does get chilly down here, I can't say I've ever felt the need... in a Florida car. -In colder states, I'm certain I'd see things very differently!

But thanks once again for sharing those terrific pics: -VERY inspiring!

Keith
Old 06-15-2011, 11:10 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Good job. Get them installed soon. You'll love them! I too spent a chunk of change reupholstering a set of sport seat but glad I did it. Do enjoy them, I think they are some of the best seats out there. Post some pix when they are installed.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:23 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

I will definitely post some pics when they get them installed. I would love to show you all my complete custome dash, door panels, and center console, but can't seem to get the shop working on my car to send any to me. Believe me, it looks awesome. He sent me some I-phone video but too difficult to post.

I am keeping my CA car in CA, and my FL car will eventually return to FL, maybe by Christmas but I don't have many hopes at this point. I am also restoring/modifying my high school car in FL, but people here don't like to hear about Japanese cars. However, it was quite amazing that I was able lay down 350 RWHP on my 1986 300ZX turbo with less money than my porsche seats cost! That was on the original 186,000 mile short block!
Old 06-17-2011, 03:55 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Hahaha I just remembered you telling me about that 300zx, and for a while I was looking around for one. Japanese cars have a bad stigma thanks to ricers, but they make serious sports cars and they're every bit as respectable, for what they are, as anything else. I'd love to get an old Z or supra as my next toy.

Currently I'm looking to get my dash reupholstered, after that I can worry about seats and the rest. I think I'm going to buy a yard of alcantara and do it myself.... I really hope I don't screw that up!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:36 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

I had Robert do my dash as well, it looks awesome, just don't have any pics to post. E-mail me and I will send video.

Quick Reply: Wanting Opinions on Seat Replacement