Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Gas Mileage with Autothority Stage 2 Chip

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 04:37 PM
ThirdPedal
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Well... for what it's worth - I've traded a few emails with Joshua @ Rogue Tuning and asked him about a possible "fuel economy" tune. He did seem to express some interest in the idea, though it's not something he's actively working on.

Might be worth reaching out to him directly. Maybe if enough people ask, it might prompt him to put in some effort and build out a mileage tune. While I have no experience with his software (yet) he definitely seems knowledgeable - he's been providing free tuning software and support for a few years now. I can't imagine you and I are the only people that would consider a mileage tune as a good "2nd map" for the times when we're not running the car hard.
I'm new to this tuning stuff, so I just did a little research on Joshua and Rogue Tuning. I think this might be the route I want to go. I don't really know where to get started, but I'm going to reach out to Joshua to see what he thinks. I'll be sure to mention the fuel economy tune as well.

Originally Posted by fortysixandtwo
I don't see why any chips, or any type of tune for that matter, would not provide at least factory fuel mileage while at light cruse on the highway.
At about $4 per gal. if you fill up once a week, you're looking at a $1,200 yr savings going from 20 to 28 mpg avg. That would buy you some decent upgrade or maintenance parts.
Thanks for putting dollars and sense in front of me. I'm definitely going to work on this.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

I have the Autothority Stage 2 chips, i get any where from 20-25mpg... Honestly I can understand why you would be interested in your MPG, especially with gas prices usually on a rise. If you want a little more MPG you can always cut some weight basically each 100pounds you drop you will get at or close to 1mpg more.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:06 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

I was planning on to make a hydrogen booster on my 951 to save a little fuel and still retain a decent boost.

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage with Autothority Stage 2 Chip