Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Turbo Oil Leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 04:04 PM
boston944turbo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Turbo Oil Leak

As a new member to the board let me first say thanks to evryone for the great help here on Rennlist. I have only posted a few times yet already the help here has saved me tons of time and money.

The problem I have now is an oil leak from the turbo. It looks to be coming from the return line at the bottom of the turbo although the supply line may be leaking as well. I plan to fix both in the coming weeks. Some questions:

1. The o-ring which seals the return line under the turbo is between the turbo and the motor mount correct? I want to ensure that indeed the turbo needs to come out to fix the leak.

2. Can anyone post a schematic of the turbo assembly showing the oil lines and how they attach? Visual aids always help me a lot.

3. Any tips on removing the turbo? I have seen the procedure and it looks like I should be able to handle it but any tips would be appreciated.

4. Finally, as I will have intake off I intend to replace vacuum lines, idle stabilizer, etc... anything else I should check?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 05-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Yes, it is an O ring and the Turbo has to come off.
2) There is only one oil line that connects to the Turbo, the flex line at the top. The two lines on the side are water. You might what to replace the o-ring in top line first since you don't have to pull the turbo to do this.
3)What a pain! Put plenty of PB Blaster penetrating oil on the hot side and exhaust bolts.
4) Replace the heater valve and heater hoses and check the brake booster line, it tends to get hard and crack.

If you intend to keep the stock Turbo, I would spend a couple hundred to get the seals replaced and balanced. The oil leak might be coming from the turbo.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
This post might help

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=004596#000000" target="_blank">http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=004596#000000</a>

Quick Reply: Turbo Oil Leak