Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Fuel Problem!!....I think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 PM
max_boost951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Problem!!....I think?

'86 951 fuel cutoff around 4000 RPM. Suspected FPR, pulled vacuum line and no leaking fuel present. Pulled vacuum line of the fuel pressure damper and there is a little bit of rust on inside of the vacuum port. Pulled a vacuum on the Damper and little bit of rust in the vacuum pump line.

Question: Can the fuel damper possibly fail half-way? I pull the vacuum hose of the regulator and the fuel pressure increases maybe 3 psi, so I pinched the return line to where rail pressure was 65 psi and the car ran better. Maybe the diaphragm in the damper partially seized not allowing enough fuel by?

NEW: Fuel filter and fuel pump (Failure), plugs, cap and rotor, Coil (Exploded), KLR box (spare), no cyclic valve due to MBC w/ Dual port Wastegate

ITEMS I'VE CHECKED: Knock sensor (297 Kohms), DME temp. sensor, TPS ( no breaks in the ohm check), Vacuum lines , Ohm checked Injectors

Please help!!! Getting passed by crap cars cause have no WOT!!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:08 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check for boost leaks also, you did not say anything about a sound like a waterfall, however 4000 rpm was where my throttle body to IC pipe was popping off at.

Quick Reply: Fuel Problem!!....I think?