Clear front indicators, rear lights, 968 RS Wing, Exhaust etc. for 951/S2

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 08:52 AM
Pannan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Clear front indicators, rear lights, 968 RS Wing, Exhaust etc. for 951/S2

Hi 951/S2 drivers/users,

As there was very good response on the planning sale of clear front indicators, I decided to move the topic here bacause they will also fit the S2 front as well as the 951. The indicators was first made to the Swedisch members of 944 Club, but why not distribute them worldwide. I have looked at many stylingcompanies and none of them offering clear lights for 951/S2. Joakim on 944 Club Sweden made this lights possible and now 90% of the Swedish members got them on their cars. I am a third party person that helps these guys marketing their products. This is only the beginning of what to come. E-mail me if there is any questions.

These are the products available now:

Front indicators for 951/S2: Welded from the stock indicators. 100% bolt on and they have a real clear look. The price for a set is 128 dollars (1150 Swedish crowns) Picture of the clear indicator and a 951 Cab with them installed.

From clear front indicators to clear indicators on the rearlights. These are a corecharge process that means You send us the lights and then we rebuild them with clear indicators. These indicators are also as well looking as the front indicators. Bacause of the really hard hadcrafting on the lens, the price are set to 245 dollars a pair.

The third product is a sport exhaust system made of stainless steel. the system is "jigged" together. The systems are offered in two different types one without cat. and one with a racecat. mounted. The diameter of the exhaust is 3" all the way. We can custom build the tip because some want a 3" and some 4" or bigger, that it up to the customer to decide. The guys who builds these systems are Jonas and Sphanx two guys that are really good working with these material and using the "jig". They are also the guys that developed the clear backlights. The prices varies from 925 dollars to 1145 dollars depending on what system You choose. E-mail if there is any questions about these.

The exhaust system features:
1. 3" stainless steel all the way
2. Racecat. or no cat at all
3. Race muffler
4. isolation from wastegate to racecat.
5. Custom decided endtip
6. Modified wastegate pipe

This is two picture of the system, more to come..

The third product from Jonas and Sphanx is a 968 Turbo RS wing (adjustable) The wing is made of fiberglass and like some other wings on the m arket, this wing is not glued to the rear. The wing uses bolts like the 968 wing to be fitted. You need to have the rearhatch from the late model 951/968 to have the wing fitted. In Sweden and Europe these wings will fit 89 and later. The price is 722 dollars unpainted and 220 dollars for C/F wing in the middle. E-mail if there is any questions.

There will be more pictures posted later on this wing.

Old 11-13-2002, 09:04 AM
Stephen
Instructor

Great job on some nice looking parts! I already have the wing , but need the side trim pieces could these be made available separately? Thanks
Old 11-13-2002, 10:24 AM
slevy951
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about clear side markers? Can this be done?
Old 11-13-2002, 10:51 AM
Pannan
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by slevy951:
<strong>How about clear side markers? Can this be done?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No,
because we don´t have the US front in Europe. So we didn´t made the forms to weld these type of lens

//Johan
Old 11-13-2002, 02:14 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Johan,
seems to me that black car with those new back lights is the US spec car.....With side marker lights.I suppose they are painted with transparent black paint as i have in my car
Old 11-13-2002, 06:38 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
I like those rear lights alot, but 245?!?!
cant you just send me the clear piece and ill smash the old one and fabricate it in?
Also..if we were to come up with the side front markers, could you make a mold if there was enough interest? (so we dont have to paint our orange ones just to run the clears up front)

I really like the work that you guys are doing, very neat stuff. Looks fantastic!!
Old 11-13-2002, 08:49 PM
tecart
Pro

more 1000 dollar plus exhausts? nothing new there, but maybe someday someone will price these copied exhausts closer to 400-500 bucks. It dont take a scientist to know that if you build it for 300 bucks total and sell it for 800 more, people are not gonna be interested in large numbers, can fabspeed and b and b , and others just stop offering products that are just insanely priced, i can gut my cat and have the same power as that 3 inch pipe you make for free + or - 5 HP believe it or not, but i do like your efforts and quality but the prices on this exhaust is for ferrari owners not 944's, thanks anyhow
Old 11-14-2002, 02:02 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

[quote]more 1000 dollar plus exhausts <hr></blockquote>

I agree 1000$ might be too much, ok parts can be about 200$-300$ but we must also think how much time it has been taken to fabricate jigs etc.Even tough you have all the tools & jigs, it takes time to fabricate these and time is money! This is not any charity business
Old 11-14-2002, 03:19 AM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

That wing looks so hot. Would you offer the side trim pieces for it as well, so it would fit on all 951's?
Old 11-14-2002, 03:27 AM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

and how about 968 mirrors and door handles? Are these offered as well?
Old 11-14-2002, 05:26 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

[quote]and how about 968 mirrors and door handles? Are these offered as well? <hr></blockquote>

Don't know what Johan,Jonas etc. think about it, but i would use factory parts.You can minimize cost by using most of 944 parts on these.
For handles you only need handle units,gasgets & roses (chromed piece) all other parts can be adopted/modified from your original handles.I have done it and it worked great.

For 968 mirrors use 968 CS mirrors (no electric) and use 944 mirror electrics.You just have to use 968 attaching screws for electric motor.
Old 11-14-2002, 08:49 AM
Pannan
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by tecart:
<strong>more 1000 dollar plus exhausts? nothing new there, but maybe someday someone will price these copied exhausts closer to 400-500 bucks. It dont take a scientist to know that if you build it for 300 bucks total and sell it for 800 more, people are not gonna be interested in large numbers, can fabspeed and b and b , and others just stop offering products that are just insanely priced, i can gut my cat and have the same power as that 3 inch pipe you make for free + or - 5 HP believe it or not, but i do like your efforts and quality but the prices on this exhaust is for ferrari owners not 944's, thanks anyhow</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Exhaust is only for the Swedish, Dannish, Finnish and Norwegian market bacuase of the cost to ship it. Have you seen any exhaustsystem before that offering the same type of solutions for the wastegate? OF course the cost fort the exhaust can be lowered, this is just a pre price on them.

//Johan
Old 11-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Pannan
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by ElonDooberhead:
<strong>and how about 968 mirrors and door handles? Are these offered as well?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It´s better to buy Porsche original doorhandles and mirrors due to the extras you need to mount them.

//Johan
Old 11-14-2002, 08:52 AM
Pannan
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by ElonDooberhead:
<strong>That wing looks so hot. Would you offer the side trim pieces for it as well, so it would fit on all 951's?</strong><hr></blockquote>

The wing is a exact welding from the Clubsport wing that is used on the 968 Turbo RS car adjustable of course. You need to have the new hatch to fit it because there is not any places to locate the bolts on the old one

//Johan
Old 11-14-2002, 08:56 AM
Pannan
Instructor

[quote]Originally posted by SamGrant951:
<strong>I like those rear lights alot, but 245?!?!
cant you just send me the clear piece and ill smash the old one and fabricate it in?
Also..if we were to come up with the side front markers, could you make a mold if there was enough interest? (so we dont have to paint our orange ones just to run the clears up front)

I really like the work that you guys are doing, very neat stuff. Looks fantastic!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks

I will talk to Jonas to discuss this. It would be easier for you if you don´t need to ship the rearlights to Sweden

It would be better if a company in the states produced side indicators for you, because in Europe there is the European front. There is no market for the US front here

//Johan

Quick Reply: Clear front indicators, rear lights, 968 RS Wing, Exhaust etc. for 951/S2