FS Full Standalone with Rackpack IQ3 Logger

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Supernotch93
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS Full Standalone with Rackpack IQ3 Logger

Guys,

Well Were having a baby so the toys must go.

Up for sale:

Haltech Sport 1000 with fully terminated wiring harness, Racepak IQ3 Logger dash and Chris whites trigger system. All item band new and only been ran on dyno twice.

Needing 2700 USD, can add laptop (brand new Levono) with base tune for extra 250.00, however software is a free download at Haltech.com.

This will be taking a huge hit but you all know how it goes my loss your gain! Please PM or email me for more details or pictures.

** Only Paypal accepted and no international buyers please. All items ship next day with free shipping and tracking.

Let me know!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:34 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

GLWS but what's the deal with no International buyers? I don't get it. We pay the same money and some people just don't want to ship. It still has to be packaged up, you just write a different address on it.

Anyway I'm sure it will be a good bargain for someone.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Supernotch93
Instructor

If you really want it I'll ship it that way. It's not that I have a problem but last time I shipped overseas the package got delayed at customs and the buyer had he'll getting it. Just don't want that to happen to another that's all.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
GLWS but what's the deal with no International buyers? I don't get it. We pay the same money and some people just don't want to ship. It still has to be packaged up, you just write a different address on it.

Anyway I'm sure it will be a good bargain for someone.
It always seems like the money I get from customers in Australia is upside down…
BTW – importing a Haltech to Australia from the US might cause some sort of dimensional rift…

On a more serious note – shipping to some countries can be a pain in the butt, lots of forms and lots of questions. If you state is a used part for a car you can trigger questions about oil contamination. Then there is the whole ‘country of origin’ issue – some countries can levy huge import taxes depending on where the product was made and you need the correct type of proof to claim where its made. I went through this once when a customer carried a Tec3 across the Canadian border – the unit did not have a ‘made in the USA’ sticker…the customs guys nailed him with almost 50% tax!

So I can understand the no international sales comments from casual sellers – its nothing personal!

Oh yeah – that’s a good price on a nice set up. The Haltech 1000 is a good unit, I just tuned one on the dyno a couple of weeks ago.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, importing from the US to Australia is very straightforward, due to the AUSUSFTA (Australia-US Free Trade Agreement.) If the goods are of US origin, no duties to pay. Cuts through a lot of red tape. When I import parts for my S2, I usually get them described as "antique car parts" -- that usually works to raise a smile with the delivery guy if nothing else.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:36 PM
95ONE
Race Car

I love that dash and I will be buying one. (thought I was going to buy it 2 years ago though! lol) I suggest this to anyone. - no funds at the moment unless OP offers me some incredible deal on it via pm...
Old 02-17-2011, 02:48 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark944na86
Actually, importing from the US to Australia is very straightforward, due to the AUSUSFTA (Australia-US Free Trade Agreement.) If the goods are of US origin, no duties to pay. Cuts through a lot of red tape. When I import parts for my S2, I usually get them described as "antique car parts" -- that usually works to raise a smile with the delivery guy if nothing else.
I think Chris's comment was more directed at country of origin of the system, rather than importing to Aus...

IIRC the Haltech systems are made in Aus...

FWIW, this is a killer deal, I have the same EMS on hand, and between it and the J&S safegaurd I bought I paid more than OP is asking for this "plug and play" setup! Only thing missing for a total solution for a 951 would be knock detection control via a J&S or simmilar... still a killer deal for what you are getting!

OP, GLWS!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Supernotch93
Instructor

Sucks I have to sell and don't really want to however I have too.

I feel inane a good price for the setup, trying to give the best deal to people here, cause I know it will go to a good home.

Forgot to mention that 4 brand new ls1 coils go with it. On the knock protection there is numorous ways to make this system work. It will incorp the knock box that Lindsey sells for 295.00 IIRC.

Anyway let me know who interested and offers welcome. PM me.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:25 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

I wasn't trying to hex your thread and am sorry that you have to sell the parts. It's a real shame to start a project and be forced to back out of it due to outside circumstances.

As much as it seems insane that someone would contemplate importing a Haltech (or many other EMS units made in Australia) down here, in some cases it's cheaper for us to buy OZ made products out of the US and importing it...believe it or not.

I have a Motec dash similar to the one being offered here, and for anyone that wants to do fairly serious track work, these dashes are great stuff. Well worth it.

Thanks for clearing that up about shipping. I am also aware of packages getting stuck or lost in our system down here. Just received my helmet, hans etc that had landed on December 20th!! The bureaucratic bungling from one dept to another was comical at best, sent to kill my brain at worst. Oh and I had to pay $350 for the privilege too!!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Supernotch93
Instructor

Ok taking over to flebay
Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Supernotch93
Instructor

Dash I'm putting on eBay so up for sale is the Haltech EMS, terminated harness, CW's trigger system, and LS1 coils.

$1300 free shipping
Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a little more than HALF the distributor cost of JUST the bare EMS and un terminated harness..

WOW... seriously good deal here peeps... shooting text messages out for you!

I am half tempted to pick this up and sit on it for a while!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:19 PM
4Lo
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 02-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Supernotch93
Instructor

Guys, a gentlemen local is coming to purchase all items I have listed. thanks for all and happy building!

Quick Reply: FS Full Standalone with Rackpack IQ3 Logger