Pictures of stock 944 Turbo S Silver Rose

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 03:31 PM
darek_u
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of stock 944 Turbo S Silver Rose

This is my first post on this forum - I would like to say hi to everybody
I recently bought 1988 Turbo S Silver Rose edition, US spec. My idea is to carry out a full restoration of the car - both inside, outside and engine, back to the factory look (if possible...) Car is really worth it! I'm looking for hi res pictures of stock Turbo S, especially the engine bay, from different angles, positions, from underneath etc. Pictures of disassembling or assembling process would be fantastic. Details are the biggest problem - something is missing, something has been misplaced, some things are fastened in different place - car had 2 accidents and quality of repair was, well, less than average. So any pictures of Silver Rose or Turbo S would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Old 02-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I may be able to help you out when I get home.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Silver rose registery with some links and a few pics. If you sent me your email address I have a folder with pics of a low mileage SR I would send you.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:00 PM
darek_u
Pro

Originally Posted by Josh B
Silver rose registery with some links and a few pics. If you sent me your email address I have a folder with pics of a low mileage SR I would send you.
PM sent.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
darek_u
Pro

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
I may be able to help you out when I get home.
I appreciate. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

15 mb or more of pics/dyno/window sticker heading your way You should post some pics of yours up when you get a chance!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:53 PM
darek_u
Pro

A few questions in the meantime. Car will be stripped down to a bare frame for full body repair/repainting soon and the question is if the WHOLE car (including metal plates inside the cabin) was painted with LM3Z color? When I removed the dashboard it was silver metallic underneath??? No doubt it is original Silver Rose car, I've checked it carefully. Also surrounding of the VIN number on bulkhead inside the engine bay is silver. Could someone compare this with his stock painted car clarify this for me please? Stickers inside the engine bay etc. - I can see there are 2 sets of them available - with yellow background and with gold one. Which one is correct? There are no stickers in my car now. Alloys - stock club forged ones. Were they originally painted, anodized ( hope this is correct English word...) or polished in US version? Anti-theft system - standard equipment in all US SR cars? It is not mentioned on the options list on the sticker in the trunk and there is no key cylinder but car was repaired on left side and I can see 2 loose cables inside the quarter panel.
Ufff a lot of questions, I know and I'm sure I will have much more as the restoration process moves ahead.

Cheers
Old 02-15-2011, 06:42 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

This thread would be worth reading for you, I think:

https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...1-18-11-a.html

Quick Reply: Pictures of stock 944 Turbo S Silver Rose