Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Looking for Huntley Racing MAF Wiring Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011 | 06:36 PM
vette951s
Racer

Default Looking for Huntley Racing MAF Wiring Instructions

I bought a '87 turbo that had this old Huntley MAF in a box. I have the LINK documentation [dated 4/92], but missing the MAF wiring instructions [loom still on car but not attached to DME/KLR]- can anyone help? I did a search, but no luck with wiring diagrams, just a bunch of rave reviews!! Does this kit have any value?

Thanks! John

Last edited by vette951s; 07-19-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2011 | 09:21 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

It was in a box for a reason….!
Old 02-07-2011 | 09:55 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

You have found a nice setup of discontinued products Intercept Link is more or less the same product as AFM link, but it can be used both MAF & MAP sensors but without lambda support.
Old 02-07-2011 | 10:21 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Chris White
Originally Posted by Olli Snellman
You have found a nice setup of discontinued products Intercept Link is more or less the same product as AFM link, but it can be used both MAF & MAP sensors but without lambda support.
Box full of obsoleteness?
Old 02-07-2011 | 11:06 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Huntley supplied his MAF from www.splitsec.com which still has wiring instructions posted on its site. You may be on you own wiring it to the Link, however, since that was not a (typical/common) Huntley set up. Trust you know those parts have been overtaken by a new generation of improved systems.
Old 02-07-2011 | 12:02 PM
vette951s
Racer

Originally Posted by Chris White
Yes, to pass the California 'visual inspection' smog test.

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Huntley supplied his MAF from www.splitsec.com which still has wiring instructions posted on its site. You may be on you own wiring it to the Link, however, since that was not a (typical/common) Huntley set up. Trust you know those parts have been overtaken by a new generation of improved systems.
Thanks, I'll check out the Splitsecond site. I am aware of the latest "favorite vendor of the day" equipment.

John
Old 02-07-2011 | 12:47 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by vette951s
Yes, to pass the California 'visual inspection' smog test.

Thanks, I'll check out the Splitsecond site. I am aware of the latest "favorite vendor of the day" equipment.

John
As a past customer and owner of a Huntley MAF…I can tell you that it was state of the art stuff – last century (and I am not exaggerating!).
Many things have advanced since the 90’s – engine management mods especially!

If you really want to use those parts then warm up the Rennlist search engine and you will find some old advise on setting them up…good luck!
Old 02-07-2011 | 01:19 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vette951s

John
Can't quite tell the spirit of that comment, so will just wish you well with your efforts. I was not referring to any particular vendor or product, but rather wanted to give you a heads up -- if you were unaware-- that modern fuel controllers have advanced a long way since those parts were made (for a price of course).
Old 02-07-2011 | 02:46 PM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

You don't need any Huntley MAF installation documents. You must use Intercept Link manual. All necessary drawings are there. Intercept link will be connected similar way than AFM Link. Many of us have connected that to DME wiring, so help should be available here.
Old 02-08-2011 | 07:03 PM
User 41221
Banned

Ah, the good old days when men were men and head gaskets were scared...
Old 02-08-2011 | 09:50 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you really want to use this, drop me a PM and I will send you some good setup info. You would be better off to get a MAF/Chip kit from one of the vendors that are still in business. If for no other reason, the equipment will be new and the support will be there if things go wrong.

Quick Reply: Looking for Huntley Racing MAF Wiring Instructions