Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Name these Recaro's

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 04:11 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
I do have a cage and don't have rear seats. The rollbar doesn't go into the cockpit.
Do you mean a half cage? I don't have rear seats either but use that area to put stuff when I'm off to the track. Also I can't raise the rear hatch so it makes more sense for me, but even if I could I would probably still get a folding passenger...I think...
Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 490 Likes on 327 Posts

I'm 5'11" and the shoulder harness holes are at least 2" too low on the pole positions.

I have a rollbar and no back seats and can still throw stuff back there...
Old 02-02-2011, 12:46 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Do you mean a half cage? I don't have rear seats either but use that area to put stuff when I'm off to the track. Also I can't raise the rear hatch so it makes more sense for me, but even if I could I would probably still get a folding passenger...I think...

Patrick, I was leaving my office and made a quick post. I have a rollbar that mounts in four locations in the back seat area. My harnesses, camera mount, and fire extinguisher are attached. It was in the car when I purchased it. It does not extend into the hatch area.

George
Old 02-04-2011, 01:04 AM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
I must have a special narrow version of the pole position. I have a 33" waist, and most don't fit into my seat. Sean, lister, is 6'7" and can't even think about sitting into my Pole Position. Other guys with 36" waists feel too tight.

I'm getting measurements tomorrow and I'll know for sure. If I decide to get these, I'll just sell my other pole position for a good deal.
Pole Positions are fit for a 32" waist. Profi SPG is a 30" waist.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:39 AM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking for a five point seat that could be daily driven with comfort. I was fine with my Recaro PP, but many couldn't fit. The passenger side of my car had the factory seat with either the shoulder belt, or a four point harness.

I got to sit in a few seats, and the Status Ring GT Kevlar seats were amazing. I purchased a matching pair with red stitching in leather. Best non-reclining seats I've ever sat in. Including the GT3. I ordered mine with their lazer etched logo.

Most comfortable 5 point harness seats I've ever sat in.

Those of you looking for a great CF or Kevlar light racing seat for track and street cars should consider Status.

They are not cheap, but trust me, these seats are awesome.

George
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Name these Recaro's