Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Shop lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 PM
LUCKYJACKASS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
To the OP, you may check with the person leasing you the space. I can't see a big deal with sinking flush mount anchors into the concrete (for the max jax). When the lift is removed, they are completely flush with the ground, so it isn't like it prevents anything future from going across the floor.
Definitely check with leasing agent/owner, as some commercial slabs have prestressed reinforcing cables in them. You cannot drill into a slab with prestessed cables in it as far as I know.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
If you can’t drill the concrete you will have to use either a four post lift or a low rise lift the goes under the car (pretty useless for any work outside of the suspension).
thats so not true. I have one and use it for alot more than that
Old 02-03-2011, 03:29 PM
hevquip
Racer

Damn, lifts are cheaper than I thought. I might just have to move into a place with a garage now or let my buddy finally talk me into picking up some warehouse space....
Old 02-06-2011, 12:37 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris White
Anything is ‘possible’…but my back would cease to function if I had to swap an engine with a mid-rise lift! Clutch jobs are not a lot of fun either….
Chris your back would cease with this? I am 6'1 i have no problem. Hows your back from all of your skiing?

Old 02-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by reno808
Chris your back would cease with this? I am 6'1 i have no problem. Hows your back from all of your Skiing?
While I haven't tried it I imagine that a clutch job on that lift would be difficult. Maybe for you young'uns it isn't bad but I would prefer to stand up straight while under the car.

Skiing is fine, I did quit the inverted aerials a while back....
Old 02-10-2011, 01:48 AM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

I have a Bendpak asymmetrical and it works great. Put it up myself with the help of a friend. Cost around 2700 delivered, it is a 10ACX or something similar, it has wide entry is 12' wide and 12' tall. 10K lift and allow you to lift the car in different positions, for whatever job you are working on.

Quick Reply: Shop lift