Innovate LM-2 Public Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:33 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Innovate LM-2 Public Feedback

Anyone here using an Innovate LM-2 hand controller to log A/F, RPM and MAP?

If so please post some feedback.

Thanks, Pauly
Old 12-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

We have one and dont like it. For some reason the two o2sensor ports have never agreed what afr we are running EVEN WITH NEW SENSORS. +++
Old 12-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

ahh really? Thats not good. one of the ports probably are faulty.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Well to say it this way we "mapped" a compressor charged BMW M3 E36 and while values were ok with the sensors in the exhaust we did see VERY different numbers on the dyno as in WAY WAY richer. After that we though "exhaust leak or wrong voltage" changed the exhaust for a pressure tested vband setup. Never got a chance to test again on that car as the owner did not want to. We used both sensors in the tailpipe on my 951 while my bunged o2 sensor showed one "correct" value and two different unacurate readings even with new sensors. We have since sent it back and gone for another setup. Sure the dyno could have had a wrong calibrated o2 sensor but my Prosport gauge and my techs 911 setup showed more or less right values while the inovate had its own MIND changing from day to day. I think the device is ok easy to programm analog ports with logworks etc but i want to trust a WB gauge at least within +/- 1AFR. We could have had a bad unit but can i be sure that the next one wont be wrong too? Will i gamble our engines on it ? Never.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

When you where using the o2 sensor, did you change the sensor in the bung(from the LM-2) on the 951 or you used an 'external' one where you just put it in the exahust? and im guessing you used the LM-2 to test all the a/f readings. Sorry but im just a little confused
Also thanks for letting me know about it. Im more interested in the data logging bit over the other products versions.

Edit: never mind about that, i noticed you used the exhaust clamp. did you plug the LM-2 in to the bosch o2 sensor and how did that read?

Last edited by Paulyy; 12-15-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Whoops
Old 12-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

I have a bung welded in to my testpipe. Our plans for the LM2 was exactly that drive the car and datalog so we could tune after the run. We also had clamps for the tailpipe to mount the o2 sensors. But when running either in the testpipe or the tailpipe the values with our LM2 handheld was wrong. Not to mention the sig lighter plug that always "fell" out during acceleration "made a more permanent soulution". The software "logworks" i think it was called was very nice and you could even setup the LM2 to do allot of things. The analog ports were adjustable min/max as for example TPS rpm etc. If it had worked like it should it would be perfect "the software" The handheld its self is a little hard to read and the buttons aren't really that good. It did show the useful stuff like RPM and WBO1 and 2 as afr or lamda value. As well as any set analog signals
Old 12-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

it really sounds dissapointing.
It's either the LM-2 or possibly the Zeitronix Zt-2 but the flaws with that is the serial plug is out dated with my laptop. and pick up the lcd screen and remove all my gauges (boost, water temp & A/F) and have that in its place but looking at the size of the screen it'll be hard to read while driving.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Adonay
Rennlist Member

Dont get me wrong there is a huge crowd out there that praises the LM2 but we were unlucky with ours. Was also one of the first filmware versions on it. The LM2 uses a SD card for logging and can be transfered that way or by the usb (still needs a SD card). If you want it try it and if it does not do what it should return it simple. If you do buy it and it works brilliantly for you let me know.

Last edited by Adonay; 12-16-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

The kit i found has the sd card and everything i need to data log. I'm asuming you're using it for more then 1 car, which im planning to use this for my 951 only and probably dads 924 when we find time to get that on the road. But ill most likley buy it and i will update you 100% on how it works
Old 12-16-2010, 03:52 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My views on this has changed over the years. I did have one, and really now I dont think your average driver needs wideband A/F unless you are running closed loop control, which almost no one is, because they usually dont work that well.

You dont need to know the A/F once your car is tuned. I dont even have it on my race car, all I have is Oil pressure light, engine temp light, fuel pressure light. I also have an ECU that limits and cuts based on certain conditions like temp and pressure. I really dont care about A/F unless on the dyno, which has its own... if you want to log rpm and all that sort of stuff, do it through a decent ECU.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

The LM-2 just arived just going to wait for the weekend to wire it up and use it. & because it's so close to Christmas, im going to wrap it up and put it under the tree from

NZ, the reason i well just bought one is to tune my car each time i bolt a new mod on, dad's 924 with EMS, to get that running right (Still off the road) and just future use.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:22 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Might be worth looking at an EGT and Knock gauge too if you are tuning yourself.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

those 2 things did come to mind actually. It's going to be 1 long week..
Old 12-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

I installed the LM-2 today and right now i have to say im happy with it. i've got rpm & MAP (off my link afm) connected and it's working great. im just playing around with the software seeing what it can do.
I logged a 4 min drive around town and i can say my A/F ratios are all over the place. I might start a new thread of my tuning process if anyone is interested in the LM-2 and the LINK AFM in action
Old 08-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
I installed the LM-2 today and right now i have to say im happy with it. i've got rpm & MAP (off my link afm) connected and it's working great. im just playing around with the software seeing what it can do.
I logged a 4 min drive around town and i can say my A/F ratios are all over the place. I might start a new thread of my tuning process if anyone is interested in the LM-2 and the LINK AFM in action
hey Paulyy, still happy? Looking to get one of these soon. Did you come across any installatioin issues?

Quick Reply: Innovate LM-2 Public Feedback