Greddy Profec B, Spec 2 EBC-SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 12:39 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Greddy Profec B, Spec 2 EBC-SOLD

I never used this so it's up for sale. Greddy Profec B, Spec 2 Electronic Boost Controller (black). New in box, never installed. These are great with an upgraded DP wastegate.
They still sell new for over $400........$240/OBO shipped in CONUS

Profec B, Spec 2 EBC

Last edited by KuHL 951; 12-27-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Matt Sheppard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. Are those crickets I hear chirping?
Old 12-01-2010, 01:55 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Sheppard
Damn. Are those crickets I hear chirping?
Yes they are Matt. At least I sold just about everything else except the EBC and my CCW's. It's amazing how little space almost $3K+ in parts can take up. I have a few odds and ends left. The buyer of the car is taking pretty much everything including my new engine hoist. Hopefully someone will offer me something for the EBC at some point....thanks for the bump!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:44 AM
incomplete
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've got a 86 951, stock single-port wastegate (going to put a new spring in soon though), and a manual boost controller on the dash.

would this be a worthwhile upgrade, even w/a single-port WG? i would like something a bit more accurate and maintenance-free than a dial on my dash and more vacuum hoses, but i don't know what the differences in behavior w/this unit would be for single- vs dual-port WGs.

thanks!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:36 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by incomplete
i've got a 86 951, stock single-port wastegate (going to put a new spring in soon though), and a manual boost controller on the dash.

would this be a worthwhile upgrade, even w/a single-port WG? i would like something a bit more accurate and maintenance-free than a dial on my dash and more vacuum hoses, but i don't know what the differences in behavior w/this unit would be for single- vs dual-port WGs.

thanks!
I wish I could help you on that one but I never installed it and am no expert. I believe you just have to plug one port on the EBC. Once the EBC is set the overboost protection is very accurate. I think I found a new WG shim you can have if I didn't toss it. With a MBC and shimmed stock WG, my old black car (K26-8) it would hold 16psi psi almost to 6K.

Hopefully someone more familiar with the Profec B will chime in.

Here's a Tial set-up a guy used but was used in single port mode

Profec B Setup
Old 12-27-2010, 07:07 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Unit is finally SOLD
Old 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
beebone
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by incomplete

thanks!
I'm using HKS EVC, the boost adjustment quite acurrate, even I can adjust the boost response. My WG is just stock, i'm setisfy with the EVC.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:34 PM
beebone
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
I wish I could help you on that one but I never installed it and am no expert. I believe you just have to plug one port on the EBC. Once the EBC is set the overboost protection is very accurate. I think I found a new WG shim you can have if I didn't toss it. With a MBC and shimmed stock WG, my old black car (K26-8) it would hold 16psi psi almost to 6K.

Hopefully someone more familiar with the Profec B will chime in.

Here's a Tial set-up a guy used but was used in single port mode

Profec B Setup
EBC with single port WG is already accurate enough. Connection with dual port WG is just split the hose to WG into 2, the EBC will read the difference and compensate to have stable boost level.

Quick Reply: Greddy Profec B, Spec 2 EBC-SOLD