Small stuff FS: 951 brake calipers, Alpine KCA-420i, Recaro sliders

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:50 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Small stuff FS: 951 brake calipers, Alpine KCA-420i, Recaro sliders

Couple odds-n-ends for sale.

'86 951 brake calipers - set of 4 - $200 shipped (obo)
These work but are getting "creaky" - seals are starting to get sticky. They need a rebuild. I pulled them from my car (140k) with the intention of rebuilding/refinishing them and then selling them to make a few bucks but after thinking about it, I don't want the liability. These should fit any year 951 regardless of offset provided it is not an 'S' or M030. (I actually swapped in a set from an '87 951 on my car and they bolted right up. Just note the '86 front calipers have 2 smaller pistons, out of 4 total, so pay attention to that when you buy the rebuild kit.)

EDIT - changed pricing to "obo" for the calipers. $200 shipped is what I paid for my '87 calipers of unknown condition (I rebuilt them anyways just to be safe.) Perhaps $200 is a little out-of-line for calipers that are known to be rebuilt. I'll entertain reasonable offers... and realize that it'll probably cost me $30-40 to ship.

Alpine KCA-420i - Ai-Net iPod connector
Works great. I'm out of Ai-Net connections in my car (installed a Bluetooth module instead). $75 shipped, includes original box, manuals, etc.

Recaro seat sliders - "With Tabs" type - $100 shipped for the pair
Recaro sells two kinds of sliders - the kind "with tabs" and the kind "without tabs." The "without tabs" are the ones that bolt direct into the 951... so note these WON'T WORK in a 951, as far as I know. I couldn't figure it out and wound up buying the "without tabs" type separately. These came as part of a deal for a used seat I bought... thinking they would work in my car, not knowing the difference between the two types of sliders. The guy I bought them from had them in a '95 Mustang so it's possible these are a direct fit for that car (?)

I'm in 60142 and will ship from this zipcode using USPS.

Last edited by User 52121; 11-01-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Small stuff FS: 951 brake calipers, Alpine KCA-420i, Recaro sliders