UPDATE: Sunday , Dec. 12th!...T.R.A.D. (Twisty Roads Around Dallas) TX

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:21 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azmi951
My family lives inMcKinney so 455 is one of their fun roads. Small world.
You guys have a kick *** setup out that way. Shame it's like everyone moved away shortly after that GTG.

I'm actually going to be in Dallas from the 30th through the 6th for a wedding. No more 951 though.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:16 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
You guys have a kick *** setup out that way. Shame it's like everyone moved away shortly after that GTG.

I'm actually going to be in Dallas from the 30th through the 6th for a wedding. No more 951 though.
It's a gem considering North texas in general! I know a few side roads that are fun as well. I'm gonna keep trying and see if i can scare up some other 951 owners..damnit!

If ya' want to give me a shout when your in the area we'll get together...I'll let ya' drive it! Or is that just torture
Old 10-28-2010, 04:07 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by racerxrick
It's a gem considering North texas in general! I know a few side roads that are fun as well. I'm gonna keep trying and see if i can scare up some other 951 owners..damnit!

If ya' want to give me a shout when your in the area we'll get together...I'll let ya' drive it! Or is that just torture
No, I've moved on. They are wonderful cars and I might own one again someday but, not anytime soon.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:03 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
No, I've moved on. They are wonderful cars and I might own one again someday but, not anytime soon.
fair enough...I understand!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,323 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Say, I was coming home Monday and about 3:45 was getting on 114 in Las Colinas. A very nice 951 in slate blue with turbo twist got on behind me. Let him pass to make sure 951 and not S2. We both came by your place about 3:55 and he went S. on 121. Sound like someone on here? Thought might be you but for the wheels. Really clean nice car. Big tires look excellent.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:36 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

hmmm...not anyone I know of yet?? I've talked with Ryan though his is garnet red.

Still hoping to get a roster going per your suggestion.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Yep, told you I would participate didn't I? Let me condense down what I got and where I am (not yet running!). I'll post it up on here I promise but much shorter than our PM. Seeing one of our cars running always gets me a bit more focused.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:05 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

yeah I bet...my problem is the more I read and research on here the more the s&%t gets scared out me! (timing belts, rollers, tensioners, misfire gremlins, clutch woes....haha!)
Old 10-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Yep, and all this is reason once I had mine running and found the 'chocolate shake" under the yellow cap (oil), lots of miles and what all I wanted to do I went all the way down. Oh well, motor is back in now and will be up sometime this winter.
FYI: I only had the PO's word and not invoices on the belts etc. so that made up my mind. Yours is from a friend with know history. I did find a fairly new clutch (changed out anyhow when balanced) with new shaft guide, new water pump ( with plastic shield cut wrong), new brake pads and assorted stuff really was done. I "should" have bought a car with most or all the mods with half the miles and saved a wad plus time. Heard that one before on here? There are just some very nice cars available right now for stupid cheap prices. That said; belts, Wide band AF and don't get carried away. Lucky best pal has been Porsche dealer tech most of life. Great help on here but hard to wrench online.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:03 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Own Goal
Yep, and all this is reason once I had mine running and found the 'chocolate shake" under the yellow cap (oil), lots of miles and what all I wanted to do I went all the way down. Oh well, motor is back in now and will be up sometime this winter.
FYI: I only had the PO's word and not invoices on the belts etc. so that made up my mind. Yours is from a friend with know history. I did find a fairly new clutch (changed out anyhow when balanced) with new shaft guide, new water pump ( with plastic shield cut wrong), new brake pads and assorted stuff really was done. I "should" have bought a car with most or all the mods with half the miles and saved a wad plus time. Heard that one before on here? There are just some very nice cars available right now for stupid cheap prices. That said; belts, Wide band AF and don't get carried away. Lucky best pal has been Porsche dealer tech most of life. Great help on here but hard to wrench online.
yeah...I'd buy CPR's car in a heartbeat at $13500!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Default This Sunday (Dec. 12th)!

any takers for a drive this Sunday morning??? The cool weather should be purrrrfect!

Quick Reply: UPDATE: Sunday , Dec. 12th!...T.R.A.D. (Twisty Roads Around Dallas) TX